Marzipan is a German almond paste used in pastries, cookies, candy and cake decorating.
- 120 ml (1 cup) water
- 335 g (1½ cup) granulated sugar
- 340 g (2 cups) blanched almonds
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 2 minutes, using the tamper to press any ingredients into the blades.
- Pour onto a marble cutting board or baking pan to cool. Form into a 6-inch (15 cm) log, wrap in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator.
Use as a sweetening agent in pastries and cookies. Not recommended for molding.
|Serving Size||2 Tablespoons|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|