Minty Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
Chocolate-mint lovers should look no further than this melt-in-your-mouth cookie recipe, best enjoyed right out of the oven.
- 125 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 25 g (¼ cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 135 g (⅔ cup) granulated sugar
- 55 g (¼ cup) butter spread
- 20 chocolate-covered mints
- Place flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Place large egg, vanilla, sugar, and margarine into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 25 seconds.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Gather the dough into a ball, shape into a 12-inch (30 cm) long log, wrap in waxed paper and freeze for 3 hours, or up to 3 months.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). With a sharp knife, slice the frozen log into 1/4 –inch-thick (.6 cm) slices and place 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until just set.
- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, place a small, flat chocolate-covered mint (like After Eight mint) between two cookies while they are still warm, squeeze a little to help the chocolate melt to the cookies, and set on a wire rack to cool.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|