Not-So Cheese Sauce
An almond cream with nacho flavorings, this sauce is great on potatoes, broccoli, and as a dip for chips.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 240 g (2 cups) roasted red pepper, or canned pimientos, peeled, seeded
- 170 g (1 1/3 cups) raw or roasted almonds, unsalted
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 60 g (1/2 cups) nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 5-6 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
|Serving Size||57 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|