Not-So Cheese Sauce
An almond cream with nacho flavorings, this sauce is great on potatoes, broccoli, and as a dip for chips.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lemon juice
- 100 g (½ cup) canned pimentos, drained
- 140 g (1⅓ cup) raw almonds
- 2½ teaspoon onion powder
- 40 g (½ cup) nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 3 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
This vegan "cheese" sauce is perfect as a nacho dip or served over macaroni.
|Serving Size||60 (0.25 cups)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|