Orange Cranberry Sauce
This holiday classic is perfect for topping warm or cold dishes.
- 560 g (4 ) medium oranges
- 600 g (6 cups) fresh cranberries
- 80 g (8 ) pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- Use a microplane or grater to zest two of the oranges. With a peeler or paring knife, remove the white pith from the fruit, leaving just the flesh. Remove the peel and white pith from the other two oranges, leaving just the flesh.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the orange zest, oranges, cranberries, ½ cup of water, dates, and ground cinnamon. Cook until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 10 to 15 seconds. Serve warm, room temperature or even cold.
This no-added-sugar cranberry sauce will become a new holiday staple; a perfect topping for warm or cold dishes.
|Serving Size||53 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|