Orange Cranberry Sauce
A holiday staple, perfect for topping warm or cold dishes.
- 560 g (4 medium) medium orange
- 600 g (6 cups) fresh cranberries
- 80 g (8 ) pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- Use a microplane or grater to zest two of the oranges. With a peeler or paring knife, remove the white pith from the fruit, leaving just the flesh. Remove the peel and white pith from the other two oranges, leaving just the flesh.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, add the orange zest, oranges, cranberries, ½ cup of water, dates, and ground cinnamon. Cook until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Place cooled mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 10-15 seconds. Serve warm, room temperature or even cold.
|Serving Size||53 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|