Just fresh oranges, sweetener and ice create this light and refreshing after-dinner dessert or summer-heat snack.
- 390 g (3 ) medium orange, peeled, halved
- 2 strips orange zest
- 40 g (2 Tablespoons) date syrup, or honey
- 520 g (4 cups) ice cubes
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- In about 30-60 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form. Stop the machine. Do not over mix or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Before peeling the orange, use a peeler on the outside to get the strips of orange zest needed. Based on the size of the orange, you may have to adjust the amount of ice to create your frozen dessert. If your blend is too dense, try adding more peeled orange or liquid of your choice in small increments until your desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||96 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|