Parsley Spinach Pesto
Spinach and parsley replace basil in this flavorful variation of classic pesto sauce.
- 120 ml (½ cup) olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 145 g (6 cups) fresh spinach
- 50 g (½ cup) fresh parsley leaves, tightly packed
- 60 g (½ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then High.
- Blend for 25-30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
Recipe makes enough to coat 1½ pounds (680g) cooked bowtie pasta.
|Serving Size||60 ml (¼ cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|