Parsnip Pear Soup
Sweet pears are accented with the flavors of nutmeg and cayenne in this delectable soup.
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 90 g (1 cup) leeks, diced, white parts only
- 455 g (1 pound) parsnips, diced
- 2 pears, seeded, quartered
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1¼ l (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon honey, (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add leeks, parsnips, pears, cayenne, and nutmeg. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Place vegetable broth and cooked vegetable mix into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 5 minutes 30 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
- Reduce speed to Variable 8 and remove lid plug. Add the honey and almond butter to the container through the lid plug opening.
- Replace lid plug and slowly increase speed to Variable 10. Blend an additional 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|