This homemade pesto is full of color and flavor, and is delicious over pasta, chicken, or fresh steamed veggies.
- 240 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 100 g (1 cup) soy parmesan, or parmesan cheese
- 6 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 160 g (4 cups) fresh basil leaves
- 50 g (⅓ cup) pine nuts
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients except salt and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to Variable 7. Blend for 30 seconds.
Recipe yields enough sauce to coat 1 pound (454g) of pasta.
|Serving Size||46 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|