Pineapple adds a burst of color and flavor to this salsa. You can serve it hot or mild with blue corn chips, or as a topping on grilled fish.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 475 g (½ ) pineapple, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 60 g (½ ) small white onion, peeled, halved
- 75 g (½ ) red bell pepper, seeded, cut into large chunks
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, packed
- ½ lime, peeled
- 15 g (1 ) small jalapeño, seeded if desired
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lime, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then slowly increase to Variable 5.
- Blend for 15-20 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- If a chunkier salsa is desired, use the Pulse feature until ingredients are chopped to your desired consistency.
- Remove seeds and membrane of the jalapeño for a milder salsa. You may also substitute fresh mint for fresh cilantro.
|Serving Size||69 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|