Pomegranate Poached Pears with Chocolate and Raspberry Sauce
A gorgeous medley of sweet and tart fruit flavors—even the chocolate sauce has blueberries and pitted dates.
- 840 g (6 ) pears
- 480 ml (2 cups) pomegranate juice
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 Tablespoons goji berries
- Peel the pears, leaving stems intact, and slice a little off the bottom of each pear so that they stand up. Using a melonballer scoop seeds out from the bottom of the pear.
- In a large sauce pan, place pears standing up snugly together. Pour in pomegranate juice or wine. Add cinnamon, cloves, and Goji berries. Gently simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes until pears are tender. Remove pears and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Reduce poaching liquid until it thickens and becomes syrupy. Remove from heat and remove cloves, cinnamon stick and goji berries.
- 285 g (2 cups) frozen raspberries, thawed
- Place raspberries into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 45 seconds or until very smooth. Mix into poaching liquid.
- 360 ml (1½ cup) almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160 g (1 cup) dates, pitted
- 90 g (⅔ cup) raw macadamia nuts
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 140 g (1 cup) frozen blueberries
- Place almond milk, vanilla, dates, macadamia nuts, cocoa powder, turmeric, and blueberries into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 30 seconds or until very smooth and creamy. Add more milk if needed.
|Serving Size||228 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||52 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|