Poppy Seed Dressing
Apple cider vinegar gives this oil-free dressing a signature sweet-and-sour flavor.
- 480 ml (2 cups) water
- 160 ml (⅔ cup) apple cider vinegar
- 20 g (2 slices) onion, peeled, about 2 Tbsp.
- 20 dates, pitted or 1 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 60 g (½ cup) cashews
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Place all ingredients except for poppy seeds into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds, then reduce speed to Variable 3.
- Remove lid plug. Add poppy seeds through the lid plug opening. Continue to blend for 5 more seconds.
- Pour into 1 quart (0.9 liter) microwaveable bowl. Cook for 2 minutes on High, then whisk to keep mixture smooth. Microwave an additional 2 minutes. Chill and refrigerate in an airtight container.
Refrigerate in an airtight container.
|Serving Size||33 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|