Potato Cheddar Breakfast Bake
This simple breakfast casserole combines homemade hash browns with all your favorite omelet ingredients. It's a real lifesaver when you're expecting overnight guests.
- 3 small russet potatoes, cubed
- 480 ml (2 cups) egg substitute
- 480 ml (2 cups) milk
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- 225 g (2 cups) cheddar cheese, cubed
- 35 g (¼ cup) green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 30 g (¼ cup) medium onion, peeled. diced
- 210 g (1½ cup) ham, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch x 9-inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes into the Vitamix container and fill to the 6 cup (1.4 l) level.
- Add water to the 8 cup (1.9 l) level and secure lid.
- Select Variable 5 or 6. (Slower speed produces a coarser chop.)
- Turn on for about 10 seconds, using the tamper if necessary.
- Drain well, reserve.
- Place egg substitute, milk, salt, and cheese into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 20 seconds.
- Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
- Add peppers, onion, potatoes, and ham through the lid-plug opening.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 40-45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 30-35 minutes until firm and lightly browned.
|Serving Size||1 square|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|