Brighten the flavor of these brownies with more spice, fresh ginger, or orange zest.
- Place egg substitute, dates, applesauce and pumpkin puree into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper as necessary to press ingredients toward the blades. Stop the machine.
- Remove the lid and add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt to the container. Secure the lid.
- Pulse the machine 10-12 times on Variable 8, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Transfer mixture to a greased 9x9 inch (23x23cm) non-stick square baking pan.
- Bake brownies for 30 minutes in a 350°F (175°C) oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To serve, cut brownies and sprinkle with your favorite topping.
Flax eggs work great as an egg replacer. To make a flax "egg," simply combine your flax meal (1 Tbsp. flax to 3 Tbsp. water) with water in a small container and stir to combine, and allow it to sit for 5 minutes before using.
|Serving Size||61 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|