Pumpkin Pie Bars
A slight variation to a typical pumpkin pie, and just as delicious.
Pumpkin Bar Crust
- 240 g (2 cups) whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 55 g (¼ cup) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 110 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 80 g (¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons) light brown sugar
- 75 g (¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons) granulated sugar
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) milk
- Heat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13-inch x 9-inch (33 cm x 23 cm) baking pan.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour and salt. Set aside.
- Place yogurt, butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades.
- Add the mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients, adding 1 tablespoon of milk if needed. Press into the pan (dough will be soft) and halfway up the sides. Prick the crust with a fork and chill for 1 hour. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the crust cool before filling.
Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 355 ml (12 fluidounces) evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 425 g (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 55 g (¼ cup) dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). To make the filling, place milk, large eggs, pumpkin purée, brown sugar, honey, ground cinnamon, cloves, ginger, cardamom, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Start the machine, and slowly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and bake 25 minutes longer, until the filling is fully set.
- Transfer the pan to a rack and let it cool completely before cutting.
|Serving Size||1 serving|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||40 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|