Red Pepper Crab Soup
A restaurant-quality soup prepared in just minutes.
- 850 g (6 ) red bell peppers
- 120 g (1½ ) medium carrots, halved
- 125 g (½ ) medium onion, halved
- 70 g (1 ) celery stalk
- 1 sprig fresh thyme leaves
- 4 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 960 ml (4 cups) chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 454 kg (1 pound) lump crabmeat, to garnish
- Roast peppers over a gas flame until charred on all sides. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap for 20 minutes. Peel off skin and remove seeds.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place carrots, onions, celery, fresh thyme leaves, and garlic on a baking sheet; drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
- Place stock, roasted red peppers, roasted mix, and 2 teaspoons seasoning into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Hot Soup program.
- Switch machine to Start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Garnish with lump crab meat that has been coated in 2 teaspoons new bay seasoning.
For a non-dairy alternative, substitute soy milk for low fat or skim milk.
|Serving Size||364 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page