Red Pepper and Walnut Pesto
A rustic accompaniment that showcases the flavors of sun-dried tomatoes and basil, ideal for tossing with hot pasta or serving with crusty bread.
- 340 g (4 ) large red bell pepper
- 4 medium garlic cloves
- 150 g (1½ cup) walnuts
- 140 g (1 cup) sun-dried tomatoes
- 40 g (1⅓ cup) fresh basil leaves
- 100 g (1 cup) grated Parmesan cheese, or soy parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 240 ml (1 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 °f (200° C). Halve and trim red pepper, place skin side down on oven rack. Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until skin is well shriveled but not blackened. Place in plastic bag for 15 minutes to steam.
- Place garlic cloves in medium-sized saucepan, add cold water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until soft enough to pierce with a fork. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, and increase speed to Variable 3. Blend for 30 seconds, using the tamper to press ingredients towards the blades, or until desired consistency is reached. For a smooth pesto blend on its highest speed.
|Serving Size||15 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|