Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce
These flavorful Brussels sprouts make the perfect dinner party side dish.
- 680 g (1½ pound) Brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 2 Tablespoons safflower oil, or grapeseed oil, optional
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- 3 lemons, peeled
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 90 g (9 ) deglet noor dates, pitted, or ½ cup maple syrup
- 45 ml (3 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme leaves, stemmed
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemons, leaving just the flesh.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F. Toss the Brussels sprouts with safflower oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with silicone or parchment paper. Add 1 tablespoon water to the pan and arrange Brussels sprouts cut side down. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 10 minutes. Remove foil and roast another 10 to 15 minutes, or until Brussels sprouts are heavily browned.
- While Brussels sprouts are roasting, place lemons, water, dates, olive oil, fresh thyme, and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 45 seconds.
- Pour dipping sauce into a bowl and serve with the warm Brussels sprouts.
Any remaining dipping sauce can be used as a vinaigrette on a salad, or use it throughout the week with other vegetables, fish or meat.
|Serving Size||153 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|
Due to inactivity, your session has timed out and is no longer active.Reload the page