Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Chef Steve Schimoler created this spin on classic hummus with the addition of sweet roasted red pepper for flavor and color.
- 170 g (1 cup) roasted red pepper
- 120 ml (½ cup) water
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 70 g (½ cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, optional
- 450 g (3 cups) chickpeas, canned, drained
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, or ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
|Serving Size||85 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|