Soft Sugar Cookies
A slight deviation from standard sugar cookies, this recipe uses Greek yogurt to give the cookies extra moisture.
- 115 g (½ cup) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 110 g (½ cup) butter, softened
- 180 g (1½ cup) powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 120 g (1 cup) whole wheat flour
- 150 g (1½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place yogurt, egg, vanilla, butter, powdered sugar, and almond extract into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Stir together the liquid from the Vitamix container into the dry ingredients in the mixing bowl. Let batter sit, refrigerated, for 2 to 3 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to ⅛ inch (0.3 cm) thick and place on a baking sheet. Score into 18 pieces.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and rescore the cookies. Cool and cut into pieces.
Skip the artificially colored sprinkles and candied cherries to adorn your cookies and instead decorate with a selection of nature’s ingredients: nuts, seeds, dried fruits.
|Serving Size||1 cookie|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|