Spice up your hummus with your favorite hot sauce. Just remember, the heat level you choose will be intensified in the Vitamix.
- 840 g (2 (16) ounces) cans chickpeas, one can drained
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 110 g (⅔ cup) sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- With a peeler or paring knife, remove the peel and white pith from the lemon, leaving just the flesh. Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
Reserve additional chickpea liquid or add water if a thinner hummus is desired.
|Serving Size||34 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|