Spinach and Vegetable Soup
Vegetables are puréed into a hot soup and finished with chickpeas for added texture.
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 30 g (½ ) small onion, peeled, quartered
- 80 g (1 ) celery stalk, cut into chunks
- 40 g (½ ) small carrot, peeled, halved
- 80 g (½ ) small zucchini
- 60 g (2 cups) fresh spinach
- 260 g (1 ) medium russet potato, steamed, peeled, halved, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Saute garlic, onion, celery, and carrots in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Place broth, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, fresh spinach, half of the potato (130 g), and thyme into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds. Stop the blender.
- Remove the lid plug and add remaining potato (130 g) through the lid plug opening. Select Variable 2 and start the blender. Blend for 5 to 10 seconds, or until desired consistency. Season to taste.
Use this soup as a base and switch out your favorite vegetables. If using broccoli, asparagus, or cauliflower, steam them first.
|Serving Size||415 g (1 servings)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|