Spinach and Vegetable Soup
An abundance of vegetables is puréed into a hot soup and finished with chickpeas for added texture.
- 1 medium (260g) russet potato, steamed, peeled, cubed, divided
- 240 ml (1 cup) vegetable broth
- 120 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ onion, peeled, diced
- 100 g (1 stalk) celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 40 g (⅓ cup) carrots, halved, steamed
- 80 g (2/3 cups) zucchini, chunked
- 60 g (2 cups) spinach
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Saute garlic, onion, and celery in olive oil until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Place broth, water, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, zucchini, spinach, half of the potatoes (130 g), thyme and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, or the Hot Soups program.
- Start the machine, slowly increase to its highest speed blend for 5:45 seconds or allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
- Select Variable 2.
- Start the machine then remove lid plug and add remaining potatoes (130 g) through the lid plug opening. Blend for 5 - 10 seconds, or until desired consistency.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|