Stress-Free Turkey Gravy
With the help of your Vitamix, create a turkey gravy that’s so easy to make, you’ll have more time to enjoy your holiday meal.
- 28 g (1 fluidounce) unsalted butter
- 31 g (¼ cup) all-purpose flour
- 480 ml (2 cups) turkey broth
- ½ chicken bouillon cube
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small bay leaf, dried
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Make a roux: In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and gradually whisk in flour until smooth and blended. Cook, whisking constantly, just until golden brown and aromatic. Transfer roux to a plate and allow to cool completely in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, combine broth, bouillon, thyme, dried bay leaf, and pepper. Heat to a gentle simmer (about 200°F); remove dried bay leaf.
- Remove saucepan from heat and carefully transfer mixture to the Vitamix container, add roux to the container and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 1 minute.
|Serving Size||54 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|