Thin Crust Pizza Dough
Make the perfect pizza by starting out with this homemade dough.
- 360 g (3 cups) whole wheat flour, or all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoon instant fast-rise yeast
- 1¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 240 ml (1 cup) hot water
- 3¾ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425° (220° C).
- Place flour, yeast and salt, into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blend on its lowest speed and quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 5 seconds. Turn machine off and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 6.
- Pulse about 30 short times in 25 seconds while slowly adding oil and water through the lid plug opening. Remove lid and use a spatula to scrape the dough off the sides.
- Secure the lid and continue pulsing another 30 times until a ball forms.
- After ball has formed, Pulse continuously for 10 to 15 seconds
- With floured hands, remove dough and form into a round ball. Place in a greased bowl, tuning over to grease all around. Let rise 10 minutes for a thin crust. Divide dough in two and stretch each ball into a 12-inch (30 cm) pizza crust and top as desired. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
You made need up to 3 more ounces of water to allow the dough to form a ball. To get the best results from this recipe, be sure to select the correct container size from the drop-down. Whole wheat doughs are generally denser than that of all purpose flour, try mixing a blend of flour for your first try to see if you like the texture and consistency.
|Serving Size||1 slice pizza|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|