Thyme for Tomato Soup
Indulge in the wholesome flavors of this savory tomato soup, complete with fresh herbs and vegetables.
- 360 ml (1½ cup) water
- 420 g (1 can) plum tomatoes
- 2 medium roma tomatoes
- 100 g (1 ) medium carrot
- 70 g (2½ ounce) sun-dried tomatoes
- 15 g (1½ Tablespoon) onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1½ Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ vegetable bouillon cube
- ½ teaspoon flax meal
- 120 ml (½ cup) almond milk, or milk of your choice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed
- Blend for 6 minutes, or until steam escapes the vented lid plug.
If using jarred oiled sundried tomatoes, use 1 to 2 sundried tomatoes and rinse the excess oil off. Blending will intensify flavor, so when using raw ingredients like onion and garlic, use a small amount as the flavor can be very potent. Substitute vegetable broth for the water and bouillon cube.
|Serving Size||302 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|