This soup base is packed with nutrition from a variety of veggies, including celery, yellow squash, and cabbage.
- 960 ml (4 cups) vegetable broth, or chicken broth
- 120 g (2 ) medium roma tomatoes, halved
- 80 g (1 large) carrot, halved
- 100 g (2 ) celery stalk, halved
- 30 g (½ ) medium onion, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 60 g (2 ) yellow squash, about ½" thick from whole squash
- 60 g (½ ) red bell pepper, seeded
- 40 g (½ cup) green cabbage
- 40 g (4 ) small white button mushrooms, Cleaned
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed, except for optional add-ins (salt and pepper). Secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 5 minutes 45 seconds, or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
Optional Soup Ingredients
- 160 g (1 ) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 30 g (1 ) small jalapeño, seeded, halved
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 50 g (¼ cup) corn kernels
- 40 g (1 cup) tortilla chips
- 70 g (½ cup) cheddar cheese, cubed
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug. Add ingredients through the lid plug opening.
- Secure the lid plug. Blend for an additional 10 seconds. Taste soup and add extra spices or seasonings to suit your taste.
Some good ingredients to top this soup with include black beans, fresh avocado, a squeeze of lime juice, raw spinach, or sliced peppers. If your container is too full to fit add-ins, portion some soup out before pulsing in the additional ingredients.
|Serving Size||381 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|