This soup base is packed with nutrition from a variety of veggies, including celery, yellow squash, and cabbage. Other chunky ingredients are added toward the end of processing for interesting texture.
- 720 ml (3 cups) chicken broth
- 1 Roma tomato
- 100 g (1 ) carrot, halved
- 100 g (1 stalk) celery, diced
- 1 slice onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 slice yellow squash
- 20 g (1 slice) red bell pepper
- 100 g (1 slice) cabbage
- 1 mushroom
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place broth, tomato, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, squash, pepper, cabbage, mushroom and seasonings into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 6-7 minutes or until steam escapes from the vented lid.
- If adding optional ingredients, reduce speed to Variable 2.
- Remove the lid plug.
Optional Soup Ingredients
- 60 g (2 ounces) boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked, cubed
- ½ jalapeño
- ¼ cup olives, pitted
- 30 g (¼ cup) corn
- 60 g (2 ounces) tortilla chips
- Drop in chicken, jalapeños, olives, corn, and chips.
- Blend for an additional 1-5 seconds.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|