An all-veggie entrée for your Meatless Monday menu.
- 335 g (1 ) zucchini
- 250 g (2 ) medium red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, quartered
- 5 small garlic cloves, peeled
- 30 ml (2 ounces) extra virgin olive oil
- 450 g (1 pound) mushrooms, sliced
- 180 ml (¾ cup) ketchup
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white balsamic vinegar
- 40 g (½ cup) nutritional yeast
- 50 g (½ cup) oat flour
- 20 g (¼ cup) rolled oats
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Secure lid and remove lid plug.
- Select Variable 3.
- Turn machine on, take zucchini pieces and drop them one by one through the lid plug. You may need to use your tamper to push them into the blades. Remove zucchini and place in separate bowl.
- Repeat step three with pepper and garlic.
- Heat a large sauté pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat. Add mushrooms and cook until tender and all liquid has evaporated.
- Add pepper, zucchini, fresh thyme leaves and garlic to the mushroom. Cook until all liquid has evaporated.
- Add balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce by half.
- Add ketchup, oats, oat flour, yeast and parsley to mixture and stir to combine. Remove and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add egg, mix to combine.
- Prepare an 8 x 4 loaf pan with parchment paper and baking spray. Add mixture to the loaf pan.
- Place loaf pan in preheated 350 degree oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- When done allow to cool for an hour and slice into 10 portions.
- To serve, line baking sheet with parchment and place potions onto baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until warm through. Serve immediately.
If you prefer a more dense loaf, use the same chopping method for the mushrooms and follow the recipe the same. For vegan loaf, omit the egg and use an egg substitute.
|Serving Size||2 slices|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||38 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|