A twist on the classic, chef Seamus Mullen's version uses the sweet, juicy flavors of watermelon for a splash of summer.
- 250 g (2 ) large red bell pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- 454 g (1 pound) seedless watermelon, chopped
- 900 g (2 pounds) red heirloom tomatoes
- 454 g (1 pound) english cucumber
- 1 chipotle in adobo sauce, seeded
- 2 scallion
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 lime, peeled
- 5 g (⅓ cup) fresh cilantro leaves
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil
- 2½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- Roast the red bell pepper over an open flame until blackened. Put into a paper bag for 5 minutes then peel off charred skin and remove seeds and stem. Roast corn over flame, turning frequently until the corn is charred.
- Roughly chop the roasted red pepper and cut the corn off the cob. Combine in a large-size bowl with watermelon, tomatoes, and cucumber.
- Add chipotle, adobo sauce, scallions, garlic, lime, cilantro, olive oil, and kosher salt and lightly mix.
- Place a third of the mixture into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 10 seconds.
- Transfer to a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients. Thoroughly chill before serving.
|Serving Size||484 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||27 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|