Whole Wheat Banana Bread
With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavor and moistness of the original.
- 200 g (1⅔ cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 130 g (⅔ cup) sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 60 ml (¼ cup) egg substitute
- 60 g (¼ cup) margarine
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 220 g (2 ) banana
- 60 g (¼ cup) apples
- 80 g (⅔ cup) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium-size bowl. Set aside.
- Place egg, sugar, butter spread, milk, lemon peel, bananas, and applesauce into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed.
- Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed.
- Pour batter into dry ingredients and mix gently by hand to combine.
- Stir nuts into batter, reserving some to sprinkle on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Please measure ingredients by gram weight when baking, as recipes will come out more exact this way.
|Serving Size||82 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||11.00 g|
|Saturated Fat||4.000 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||36.00 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3.00 g|