Whole Wheat Banana Bread
With a few simple substitutions, this high-fiber alternative offers all the flavor and moistness of the original.
- 200 g (1⅔ cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) oat milk
- 160 ml (½ cup) Homemade Date Syrup
- 60 g (¼ cup) apples
- 60 ml (¼ cup) egg substitute, or 1 large egg
- 60 g (¼ cup) margarine
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel
- 220 g (2 ) banana, peeled
- 80 g (⅔ cup) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Spray an 8 1/2-inch x 4 1/2-inch (21.25 cm x 11.25 cm) loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Place oat milk, date syrup, applesauce, egg substitute or egg, margarine, lemon peel, and bananas into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the machine on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 10-15 seconds or until mixed. Stop the machine.
- Remove lid and carefully pour bowl of dry ingredients, along with walnuts, into the container. Secure the lid.
- Pulse the machine on Variable 5, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades as necessary, 10-12 times or until flour is just combined. Pour batter into the sprayed loaf pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for approximately 1 hour, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Please measure ingredients by gram weight if possible when baking, as recipes will come out more exact this way.
Please refer to our
|Serving Size||82 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||33 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|