Enjoy this healthy twist on a breakfast favorite. For a less intense color, peel zucchini before incorporating into batter.
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) almond milk
- 250 g (1¼ ) medium zucchini, peeled, halved
- 2 large eggs, or 2 Tablespoon flax egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt, optional
- 60 g (3 Tablespoons) date syrup, or honey, or taste
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 180 g (1½ cup) whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Place all ingredients except for flour and baking powder into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then increase to Variable 4. Blend for 5 seconds until ingredients are combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the Vitamix container with the wet ingredients, and secure the lid. Pulse 10-12 times on Variable 5 until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour batter onto a preheated and lightly greased skillet or griddle and cook until bubbles appear in center of pancakes, then flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
|Serving Size||87 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|