Hot Apple Cider
What a tasty treat on that chilly fall day. So easy to make, so fun to share—and it takes only minutes!
- 960 ml (4 cups) water
- 360 g (2 ) medium apples, halved, seeded
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 30 g (2 ) medjool dates, pitted
- add additional seasoning if desired like spices
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 7 minutes 30 seconds or until heavy steam escapes from vented lid.
- Use seasonal apples with bold flavors such as honeycrisp, gali, or fuji.
Adjust the seasoning by adding more or less cinnamon and dates. Try adding a slice of fresh ginger, or a pinch of nutmeg and cloves to the blend to create a more flavorful hot cider. If you have a large group, you can easily double this recipe in the 64 oz. containers. Whole-food health involves utilizing the whole fruit/vegetable, including fibers, for maximum benefits.
|Serving Size||341 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|