Carrot Coconut Chicken Salad
This bright multi-seasonal salad is great for the winter, or any summer or late fall BBQ.
- 960 ml (4 cups) chicken broth
- 567 g (3 ) boneless skinless chicken breasts, for poaching
- 675 g (1½ pound) carrot, peeled, trimmed
- 110 g (2 cups) unsweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 135 g (1 cup) dried cranberries
- 145 g (1 cup) golden raisins
- 45 g (2 bunches) Italian flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 480 ml (2 cups bunches) Lemon Maple Vinaigrette
- To poach the chicken, add chicken broth to a stockpot set over medium heat on the stovetop. Heat until approximately 180°F (80°C), or just below a simmer with no bubbles.
- Carefully place chicken into poaching liquid, cooking for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken breast and chill quickly.
- Place the Large Shredding Disc into the Food Processor Work Bowl and secure the lid. Start the processor and feed the carrots through the Small Feed Chute one to two at a time until all have been shredded.
- Place carrots, coconut, cranberries, raisins, and parsley into a large bowl and toss gently with Lemon Maple Vinaigrette to combine.
- Slice each cooked chicken breast into 4 equal pieces. Place four pieces at a time into the Food Processor Work Bowl fitted with the Multi-Use Blade and secure the lid.
- Pulse 3 to 4 times per piece of chicken added until all is chopped evenly. Remove and add to the carrot salad, tossing to incorporate.
- This salad can be served with or without chicken. This easy lunch or dinner can be made in under an hour by shredding the carrot salad while the chicken is being cooked and chilled.
- Lean protein plus tons of fiber and antioxidants (thanks cranberries, carrots, coconut, and raisins!) make this a nutrient dense, colorful and satiating dish.