Broccoli Almond Stir-Fry
This sweet and sour Asain stir-fry makes a quick and easy weeknight meal.
For the Sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) light soy sauce
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) no salt vegetable stock , or chicken broth
- 16 g (2 Tablespoons) cornstarch
- 15 ml (1 Tablespoon) cooking sherry
- 1 date, pitted, or 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- To make sauce, place soy sauce, chicken stock, cornstarch, sherry, sugar, and pepper into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase its highest speed.
- Blend for 10 seconds or until well blended. Set aside.
For the Stir fry
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) extra virgin olive oil, optional
- 90 g (1 cup) broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 110 g (1 cup) medium carrots, grated
- 120 g (1 ) celery stalk, chopped
- 150 g (1 ) large red bell pepper, chopped
- 100 g (5 ) green onion, sliced
- 170 g (1 cup) mushrooms
- 50 g (¼ cup) slivered almonds
- Stir-fry broccoli florets with olive oil, and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add remaining vegetables and almonds and cook until tender.
- Pour sauce over stir-fry and cook until thickened.
Serve over brown rice or your favorite noodles. To thicken corn starch the liquid needs to come to a boil.
|Serving Size||664 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|