Buckwheat Black Bean Soup
Not only is buckwheat gluten-free, but adding it to soup gives you a different way to eat your grains.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 120 g (¾ cup) onion
- 115 g (¾ cup) red bell pepper, seeded, stemmed, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 120 g (1 cup) carrots, halved
- 1¼ l (4 cups) vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 g (¼ cup) fresh cilantro leaves
- 75 g (¼ cup) buckwheat groats
- 425 g (14½ ounce) canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 125 g (1 cup) corn
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and carrots and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, lime juice, spices, herbs, groats, black beans, and corn to the saucepan. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully transfer the cooked mixture into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into soup bowls, garnish with black beans and corn and serve.
Use kasha as a substitute for the buckwheat groats, if desired.
|Serving Size||240 (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||2.5 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|