Cashew Cream Sauce
This sauce can be substituted for almost any sauce recipes that use cream, to make them vegan friendly. A simple, short ingredient list makes this sauce quick and delicious.
- 300 g (2 cups) roasted cashews
- 600 ml (2½ cup) warm water, plus extra for soaking
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 1 minute or until desired consistency is reached.
- Vegan. Dairy Free. Soy Free. No Saturated Fat. Loaded with healthy fat, protein, and fiber. While this sauce is a healthy replacement to a traditional cream sauce, you'd never know it. Creamy and delicious, this just might be your new go-to cream sauce base.
- This is a perfect recipe to use in a cauliflower gratin dish, or any other gratin that requires baking - substitute equal parts cashew cream sauce for cream.
|Serving Size||29 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|