Fruity Hot Sauce
Sweet meets heat in a hot sauce that's as easy to make as it is delicious.
- 680 g (4 cups) cantaloupe chunks
- 50 g (1 medium) shallot, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño, stemmed
- 30 g (4 ) pitted dates
- 40 ml (2½ Tablespoon) white wine vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon salt, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring melon, shallot, jalapeño, and dates to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Moisture from the cantaloupe should be evaporated. Let cool.
- Place cooled mixture, vinegar, and salt into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades. Blend for 25 seconds
|Serving Size||31 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g|