Roasted Cauliflower & Black Pepper Bisque
Roasted vegetables and herbs give this hearty soup its delicious flavor.
- 1½ Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 500 g (4 cups) cauliflower florets
- 120 g (½ ) medium yellow onion, sliced
- 60 g (1 ) small carrot, sliced
- 60 g (2 ) celery stalk, sliced
- 2 Italian flat leaf parsley
- 3 sprigs sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- ½ sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, optional
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 720 ml (3 cups) water
- 60 g (½ cup) roasted almonds
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200)°C.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, thyme, rosemary, pepper and olive oil.
- Pour mixed vegetables and herbs onto lined baking sheet and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly. Place the roasted mixture into the Vitamix container, along with water and almonds, and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, blending for 5 minutes 45 seconds; or select the Hot Soups Program and allow the machine to complete the programmed cycle.
One concern people have with soups and roasting veggies is the fear that the heat will destroy the nutrients. While some nutrients (especially water-soluble vitamins like B and C) are destroyed in high heat, others are actually enhanced. With cauliflower, the antioxidants are actually released from the cell walls when heated, making them more accessible for our body to absorb and use.
|Serving Size||332 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|