Roasted Winter Fruits with Honey and Citrus
Try this delicious roasted fruit topper with granola, oatmeal, or served by itself on a cool fall or winter morning. It's a perfect alternative to fresh sliced melon, which can be harder to get during the colder months!
- 130 g (1 ) medium oranges, zest and flesh only
- 1 lemon, zest and flesh only
- 1 small lime, zest and flesh only
- 60 ml (¼ cup) honey
- 4 whole star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3"
- 6 whole cloves
- 454 g (1 pound) apples, seeded, cut into 2" chunks
- 454 g (1 pound) pears, seeded, cut into 2" chunks
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a half sheet tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Use a microplane or grater to zest the fruits. With a peeler or paring knife, remove the white pith from the fruit. Reserve the zest and flesh and discard the white pith.
- Place the zest and flesh of the fruits into the Vitamix container along with honey and secure the lid. Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Place the cut apples and pears into a large bowl. Add 2/3 cup of the blended citrus-honey mixture, along with whole spices, and toss to coat evenly. Spread the mixture evenly on the prepared sheet tray.
- Place into preheated oven and roast for 25 to 30 minutes. Remove and serve immediately, or allow to cool and place into a storage container in the refrigerator.
Think of the apples and pears as sweet little fiber toppers for your breakfasts and snacks.
|Serving Size||149 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|