Spinach Pasta Dough
Package your homemade pasta alongside a jar of your favorite sauce for a great holiday gift.
- 2 large eggs
- 30 ml (2 Tablespoons) olive oil
- 90 g (3 cups) spinach, blanched
- 150 g (1½ cup) all-purpose flour
- 3 g (1 teaspoon) salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place eggs, olive oil and spinach into the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase to the highest speed.
- Blend for 20 seconds
- Remove the lid and add the flour, salt and pepper
- Secure the lid and select Variable 3.
- Quickly turn the machine on and off to pulse 5-6 times. You will notice the dough starting to form a ball and lift off the blades.
- Remove the lid and scrape down the sides, adding a little flour if the dough looks to moist and it has not formed a ball.
- Pulse again 5-6 times.
- Remove from container onto a floured work surface and knead for 1-2 minutes. Wrap in plastic wrap and let rest for a half hour.
- Cut dough into four pieces. One piece at a time, while the others are still wrapped run through a pasta rolling machine starting on the widest setting and slowly working your way down to the second to last setting.
- Use the pasta rolling machine's fettuccini attachment to cut the pasta into strips.
- Place strips on drying rack and allow to dry overnight.
- Repeat for 3 other pasta balls.
For plain pasta, remove the spinach and add another egg.
|Serving Size||2 ounces|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||28 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|