Sweet and Spicy Barbeque Sauce
This recipe can be altered to accommodate your taste and texture preferences. Add hot sauce for an extra kick.
- 480 ml (2 cups) ketchup
- 240 ml (1 cup) blackstrap molasses
- 120 ml (½ cup) white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 70 g (1 small) small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and cook over low heat until molasses dissolves into the sauce. Remove from heat and cool 30 minutes.
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure the lid.
- Start the blender on its lowest speed, then quickly increase to its highest speed, using the tamper to press ingredients toward the blades.
- Blend for 30 seconds or just until blended.
|Serving Size||54 g (1 serving)|
|Amount Per Servings|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g|