Topinambour, or Jerusalem Arthichoke, as it is also known, makes a wonderfully creamy and satisfying soup. This soup is gluten free, vegetarian and vegan friendly and very delicious.
- 200 g (7 ounces) sunchokes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, optional
- 80 g (½ cup) onion, peeled, diced
- ½ carrot
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 480 ml (2 cups) vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon salt, optional
- Cook the onion, carrot and celery in olive oil over medium-low heat for approximately 5 minutes while cleaning sunchokes.
- Clean, peel and slice the sunchokes and add them to the vegetables. Add vegetable broth and salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the cooked vegetables, broth, and salt to the Vitamix container and secure the lid.
- Start the machine and increase speed to Variable 10.
- Blend for 40 seconds, until smooth and creamy. Garnish with parsley and serve.
|Serving Size||240 ml (1 cup)|
|Amount Per Servings|