Vitamix 10 Year Warranty
*IMPORTANT RESTRICTION: VITAMIX MAY RESTRICT WARRANTY SERVICE FOR OUR PRODUCTS TO THE COUNTRY WHERE VITAMIX OR ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS ORIGINALLY SOLD THE PRODUCT.*
- Our products are approved and certified to country-specific safety standards.
- Vitamix does not recommend use of our products outside of the country where such products were sold and built to be used.
- Each country may require a different voltage and frequency, power cord and plug for the same product.
- After-sales service may not be available outside of the country where Vitamix or any of its authorized distributors originally sold a product, as our authorized distributors and repair technicians stock repair parts that may be country-specific.
1. PRODUCT WARRANTY
To verify warranty, contact the Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider in your country, as listed on the International Contacts page of this Owner’s Manual or visit: https://www.vitamix.com/us/en_us/where-to-buy
2. WHO CAN SEEK WARRANTY COVERAGE
This Warranty is extended by Vitamix to the owner of this Blender for personal household use only. This Warranty does not apply to products used for commercial, rental or re-sale purposes. Should the ownership of the Vitamix change during the warranty period, please provide the new owner with a copy of the original receipt to be able to verify start-date of the warranty.
3. WHAT IS COVERED
Vitamix warrants to the owner that if this Blender (a “Blender” consists of a motor blender base, any container(s), lids and tamper(s) purchased together) fails within the stipulated number of years from the date of purchase due to a defect in material or workmanship or as a result of normal wear and tear from ordinary household use. The Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider will, within 30 days of receipt of the returned Blender, repair the failed Blender or component part of the Blender free of charge.
If, in Vitamix’s sole discretion, the failed Blender or component part of the Blender cannot be repaired, the Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider will elect to replace the Blender free of charge with the same model or the next closest model if original model is no longer available to purchase. In this case, the warranty start-date remains the same as the purchase date of the original Vitamix.
4. WHAT IS NOT COVERED
a) This Warranty does not apply to Blenders used commercially or in non-household applications.
b) This Warranty is only valid if the Blender is used and maintained in accordance with the instructions, warnings and safeguards contained in the owner’s manual. This Warranty does not cover damage caused by accidents (ex: foreign object in container while blending, dropping of unit or container, etc.).
c) This Warranty does not cover damage resulting from use of the Blender outside of the country where it was sold and built to be used, and Warranty service may be restricted to the country where Vitamix or its authorized distributors originally sold the Blender.
d) This Warranty does not cover cosmetic changes that do not affect performance, such as discoloration, scratches, or the effects of the use of abrasives or cleaners or food build up.
Containers: processing certain herbs and spices in the container/cup will result in cosmetic marring of the container/cup and may cause the blades to wear prematurely. Traces of sand, coarse gritty and abrasive herbs will also cause the blades to wear prematurely. Herbs may contain volatile oils, cause the container/cup to retain the oils and cause permanent discoloration. Your container/cup and blades are not covered under the Vitamix warranty under these circumstances.
Vitamix will not be responsible for the cost of any unauthorized warranty repairs. Your Vitamix may only be serviced or repaired by an Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider.
REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE ARE THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES OF PURCHASER AND THE SOLE LIABILITY OF VITAMIX AND ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS UNDER THIS WARRANTY. NO EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF VITAMIX OR ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY ADDITIONAL WARRANTY OR ANY MODIFICATION TO THIS WARRANTY, WHICH MAY BE BINDING UPON VITAMIX. ACCORDINGLY, PURCHASER SHOULD NOT RELY UPON ANY ADDITIONAL STATEMENTS MADE BY ANY EMPLOYEE OR REPRESENTATIVE OF VITAMIX OR ANY OF ITS AUTHORIZED DISTRIBUTORS. IN NO EVENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, INDEMNITY, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL VITAMIX BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFIT OR REVENUE.
NOTE: If your Vitamix needs to be serviced but does not fall within the Warranty guidelines, it may still be repaired at your cost (for repair and shipping). Contact the Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider in your country, as listed on the International Contacts page of this Owner’s Manual for further information.
5. WHAT VOIDS THIS WARRANTY
- Abuse, misuse, negligent use, alteration of the Blender, exposure to abnormal or extreme conditions, or failure to follow the operating instructions in this manual will void this Warranty.
- The Warranty is also void if repairs to the Blender or any component part of the Blender are performed by someone other than either Vitamix or an authorized Vitamix Service Provider or if any component part of a Blender subject to this Warranty is used in combination with a motor base or container that is not expressly authorized by Vitamix.
- The warranty is void when the Blender is used with a transformers or adapters to convert the voltage.
6. HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
Contact the Authorized Vitamix Household Distributor/Service Provider in your country, as listed on the International Contacts page of this Owner’s Manual. They will provide guidance on how to get assistance in servicing your Vitamix.