보호를 위해 당사 웹 사이트의 이용 약관(이하 ‘이용 약관’)에 대해 안내하고자 합니다. 당사는 시기와 이유에 상관없이 이용 약관을 업데이트하거나 변경할 수 있는 권한을 보유합니다. 당사 웹 사이트를 이용하면 귀하는 이용 약관과 향후 개정 사항을 준수한다는 데에 동의하게 됩니다. 이용 약관의 최신 업데이트의 날짜는 이 페이지 하단에 표기되어 있습니다. 귀하의 보호를 위해 그리고 귀하의 개인정보 보호를 위해 당사의 개인 정보 정책을 읽어주시길 바랍니다. 인터넷으로 전송되는 정보는 완전히 보안될 수 없으며, 암호화 메시지나 통지를 받지 않는 한 해당 정보는 제3자에 의해 차단될 수 있습니다. 당사의 개인정보 정책 링크는 이 페이지 하단에서 확인하실 수 있습니다.
Vitamix.com 이용 약관
Vita-Mix Corporation ("Vita-Mix")는 본 사이트("사이트")를 관리하며 이에 따라 귀하는 당사의 상품을 귀하의 개인적인 오락 목적, 정보 목적, 교육 목적, 의사소통 목적에 따라 구매하실 수 있습니다. 본 사이트를 자유롭게 둘러보시기 바랍니다. 본 사이트에 비상업적, 개인적인 용도로 게시된 자료를 다운로드할 수 있으나, 단 해당 자료에 적용된 저작권 및 기타 특허 통지는 그대로 유지됩니다. 그러나 본 사이트의 내용을 배포, 수정, 방송, 전송, 재사용, 신고하거나 공개 및 상업 목적에 따라 사용할 수 없고, 본 사이트에 게시된 문자, 이미지, 음성 영상 정보를 다른 네트워크 컴퓨터나 서버에 Vita-Mix의 사전 동의 없이 복사하거나 게재할 수 없습니다.
본 사이트에 접속하고 활용하는 행위는 다음의 약관("약관") 및 모든 준거법의 적용을 받습니다. 본 사이트에 접속하여 둘러보면 제한 또는 조건 없이 약관에 동의하게 됩니다.
- 사이트 사용 및 보호. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트의 내용을 개인적 목적에 따라 사용할 수 있는 이전이나 양도가 불가능한 비독점적 권한을 귀하에게 부여합니다. 본 사이트를 비인가 용도로 사용하게 되면 귀하의 제한적 권리가 종료되며, 그에 따라 발생하는 상표, 상표명, 저작권 등의 법률 위배에 대한 책임을 져야합니다. 본 사이트에서 보거나 읽는 모든 항목은 별도의 언급이 없는 한 저작권 보호의 대상이며, 본 약관에 명시되었거나 Vita-Mix의 명시적 사전 승인 없이 본 사이트에 서면으로 명시되지 않은 한 사용할 수 없습니다. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트에서 보거나 읽거나 경험하거나 다운로드한 모든 자료의 독점권, 소유권, 이권을 보유하고 있습니다. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트에 게재된 자료의 사용이 Vita-Mix에 의해 소유되거나 소속되지 않은 제3자의 권한을 침해하지 않는다고 진술하거나 보장하지 않습니다.
- 정확성 면책 조항 및 본 사이트의 변경. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트에 정확한 최신 정보를 반영하고자 합당한 노력을 기울이나 그러한 정보의 정확성을 보장하거나 진술하지 않습니다. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트의 내용상 오류 및 누락에 대한 일체의 책임이나 의무를 지지 않습니다. Vita-Mix는 사전 통지 없이 언제든지 약관을 업데이트하고 개정하거나 본 웹 페이지를 수정할 수 있는 권한을 보유하고 있습니다. 귀하는 그러한 개정이나 수정 내용의 적용을 받으며, 따라서 적용을 받는 현재 약관의 확인을 위해 주기적으로 본 페이지를 방문해야 합니다. 본 사이트를 지속적으로 사용하게 되면 귀하가 그러한 개정이나 수정 또는 그에 따른 새로운 정보를 무조건적으로 승인함을 의미합니다.
- 상품 및 상품 정보. 본 사이트에 게시된 가격은 미국 달러로만 표시됩니다. 또한 상품, 상품 설명, 가격, 판매 약관, 운송 및 배송 시간, 또는 주문 가능 상품과 관련해 오류 및 부정확한 내용이 있을 수 있습니다. Vita-Mix는 귀하게 주문을 완료한 이후라도 언제든지 그러한 상품 정보를 변경, 수정, 업데이트할 수 있는 권한을 보유하고 있습니다. Vitamix는 또한 통지 없이 언제라도 모든 상품의 구매 가능한 수량을 제한할 수 있는 권한을 보유하고 있습니다. 상품 가격 오류가 발생한 경우, Vita-Mix는 귀하에게 이를 알린 후, 수정된 가격을 귀하가 최종 승인할 때까지 대기한 후 귀하의 주문을 완료합니다.
- 사용 면책 조항 및 책임 제한. 본 사이트를 사용하고 둘러보는 과정에서 위험이 발생할 수 있습니다. Vita-Mix이나 본 사이트의 창작, 생성, 납품과 관련한 어느 계약자도 본 사이트의 접속, 사용 및 사용 불가능성과 관련한 직간접적, 우발적, 부차적, 징벌적 피해보상에 대한 책임이 없습니다. 전항에 국한되지 않고 본 사이트의 모든 사항은 귀하에게 “있는 그대로” 제공되며, 시장성의 묵시적 보장, 특정한 목적에 대한 부합성, 비침해 등을 포함하나 이에 국한되지 않는 어떠한 종류의 명시적이거나 묵시적인 담보가 제공되지 않습니다. 일부 관할 지역에서는 묵시적 보장의 배제가 허용되지 않아 전술된 제한 사항이 귀하에게 적용되지 않을 수 있으니 유의하시기 바랍니다. 묵시적 보증의 배제와 관련한 제약 및 제한 사항과 관련해 지역 법을 확인하시기 바랍니다. Vitamix는 본 사이트의 접속, 사용, 둘러보기, 또는 본 사이트의 모든 자료, 데이터, 문자, 이미지, 영상, 음성의 다운로드 때문에 귀하의 컴퓨터 장비나 기타 자산에 가해진 피해 또는 이를 감염시킬 수 있는 바이러스에 대해 어떠한 책임이나 의무도 지니지 않습니다.
- 사용자 제공 정보 및 커뮤니케이션. 귀하는 Vita-Mix의 독점적 자산이 되길 원치 않는 비밀 정보 또는 암호화된 정보, 창작 자료를 본 사이트를 통해 당사에게 보내지 않습니다. 데이터, 질문, 의견, 메모, 제안 등 본 사이트에 전달되거나 게재된 커뮤니케이션이나 자료는 비기밀, 비특허, 비보호 정보로 취급되고 있거나 취급될 예정입니다. 본 사이트에 귀하가 전송하거나 게재한 사항은 Vita-Mix에 위임하는 것으로 간주하며 Vita-Mix의 독점적 자산으로 보유되어 귀하에게 보상 없이 Vita-Mix 및 그 자회사가 재생산, 공개, 이전, 발행, 방송, 허가, 게재 등의 목적을 포함하지만 이에 제한되지 않고 어느 곳이나 어느 언론 매체에서나 활용할 수 있습니다. 또한 Vita-Mix는 귀하가 본 사이트에 보낸 커뮤니케이션에 포함된 아이디어, 컨셉, 노하우, 기술 및 기타 지식재산권을 귀하에게 보상하지 않고 상품 개발, 제조, 마케팅 등 각종 목적을 포함하되 이에 제한되지 않고 자유롭게 활용할 수 있습니다.
- 저작권 보호 및 시행. 본 사이트에 게재된 인물, 장소, 사물의 이미지는 Vita-Mix의 자산이거나 허가를 받고 사용한 대상입니다. 귀하와 귀하의 승인을 받은 이는, 본 사이트의 약관에서 별도로 허용하지 않는 한, 또는 본 사이트에서 달리 특정한 승인을 하지 않는 한 이러한 이미지를 사용할 수 없습니다. 그러한 이미지를 무단으로 사용하게 되면 저작권법, 상표권법, 개인정보 및 공개법, 커뮤니케이션 규정 및 법령을 위반할 수 있습니다.
- 상표권 - 서비스 마크 및 상표명 보호 및 시행. 본 사이트에 게시된 상표권, 로고, 서비스 마크(총칭하여 이하 "상표권")은 Vita-Mix와 기타의 등록 혹은 미등록 상표권입니다. 또한, 페이지 헤더, 그래픽, 아이콘, 스크립트는 회사의 서비스 마크이자 지식재산권의 보호를 받고 있어 Vita-Mix의 사전 서면 동의 없이 복사, 사용, 모방할 수 없습니다. 본 사이트에 포함된 어떠한 내용도 Vita-Mix나 본 사이트에 게재된 상표권을 소유하고 있는 제3자의 명시적 서면 승인 없이, 본 사이트에 게재된 상표권을 사용할 수 있는 자격이나 권한을 암시적으로, 혹은 금반언의 원칙에 따라 부여하는 것으로 간주할 수 없습니다. 본 사이트에 게재된 상표권이나 본 사이트의 기타 내용의 오용은 엄격하게 금지됩니다. 또한, 귀하는 Vita-Mix가 범죄의 소추 탐색 등 법이 허용하는 최대 범위 내에서 본 지식재산권을 적극적으로 이행할 것임을 안내받았습니다.
- 제3자 오프사이트(Off-site) 링크. Vita-Mix는 본 사이트에 링크된 모든 웹 사이트를 검토하지 않았으며, 본 사이트에 링크한 모든 오프사이트 페이지 또는 기타 사이트의 내용에 대한 책임을 지지 않습니다. 기타 오프사이트 페이지나 다른 페이지에 접속하는 것은 사용자의 전적인 책임에 따릅니다. 본 사이트에 그러한 사이트가 포함되었다고해도 Vita-Mix와 그러한 오프사이트 제3자가 서로 관계사나 파트너 관계라는 점을 암시하지는 않습니다. 오프사이트 페이지의 내용이나 서비스에 관한 의문이나 우려 사항이 있을 경우 해당 오프사이트 페이지의 소유자에게 직접 연락하십시오. 본 사이트를 떠나면 더 이상 사용 약관은 적용되지 않습니다. 들어가는 오프사이트 페이지의 약관을 확인하시기 바랍니다.
- 금지된 이용 및 내용. Vita-Mix가 때로 본 사이트의 토론, 채팅, 게시글, 전송글, 자유 게시판 등을 모니터링하지만 이를 이행할 의무는 없으며 해당 위치의 내용으로부터 발생하는 의무와 책임을 지지 않으며, 또한 본 사이트의 해당 위치에 포함된 정보의 오류, 중상, 명예 훼손, 모략, 누락, 허위, 외설, 음란행위, 신성모독, 위험, 부정확으로부터 발생하는 의무와 책임을 지지 않습니다. 귀하는 불법적, 위협적, 중상 모략적, 명예 훼손적, 외설적, 불온적, 선동적, 음란한, 신성모독적 자료나 형사 범죄로 간주할 수 있는 행위를 구성이나 권장하는, 민사 책임으로 이어지는, 기타 법을 위반하는, 다른 사용자의 사용이나 개인 정보를 방해하는, 또는 잘못되거나 기만적이거나 호도하는 발언을 담은 기타 자료를 게재하거나 전송할 수 없습니다. Vita-Mix는 그러한 정보나 자료를 게재한 이의 신분을 공개를 요구하거나, 그러한 게재 자료를 삭제, 수정, 변경을 요구하는 다른 법집행기관 또는 법정 명령과 긴밀히 협조할 것입니다.
- 귀하의 계정. 귀하가 본 사이트에 지속적으로 접속하거나 이를 사용한다는 조건하에 귀하는 (a) 귀하의 사용자 이름과 암호를 보호하며, (b) 귀하의 계정에서 이뤄지는 모든 사이트 활동에 대한 전적인 책임과 의무를 지며, (c) 본 사이트에서 판매하는 Vita-Mix의 제품은 18세 이상의 성인을 위한 제품이며, (d) 본 사이트를 이용한다는 것은 귀하가 18세 이상의 성인임을 진술하고 보증하며, (e) Vita-Mix가 귀하의 계정을 취소하거나 차단하거나, 귀하가 본 사이트로 추후 접속하거나 이를 이용할 수 없도록 할 수 있는 권한이 있음을 인정하고 이러한 권한을 인정한다는 데에 동의하게 됩니다.
- 배상. 귀하는 귀하가 사용 약관을 위반하여 또는 이와 관련하여 피보증인에게 발생하는 모든 법적 책임, 손실, 비용에 대해 Vita-Mix 및 모든 임원, 이사, 주주, 직원, 대리인 및 대표자(총칭하여 이하 “피보증인”)에게 배상하거나 이들을 보호하고 면책하는 것에 동의합니다.
- 미국법. Vita-Mix는 미국 오하이오주의 클리블랜드에 위치한 본사에서 본 사이트를 제어하고 운영합니다. Vita-Mix는 어떠한 방식으로도 본 사이트의 자료가 미국 외 지역에 사용하기 적합하거나 사용 가능하다고 암시하지 않습니다. 만약 미국 외 지역에서 본 사이트를 사용할 경우, 준거법의 준수 여부는 귀하의 책임입니다. 만약 미국 외 지역에서 본 사이트를 사용할 경우, 귀하는 해당 지역의 준거법을 준수할 책임이 있습니다.
- 준거법. 이러한 이용 약관은 법선택과 해당 지역의 법과 원칙의 상충 여부에 상관없이 오하이오주법의 적용을 받습니다.
Please read this agreement carefully. It sets forth the legally binding terms and conditions for your participation in the Vitamix rewards program.
Vita-Mix Management Corporation (“Vitamix”) offers rewards (this “Program”), which is a rewards platform where eligible persons have an opportunity to accumulate Points (defined below) by participating in offered activities, subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these terms of service (these “Terms”). This Program is operated and administered on behalf of Vitamix by a service provider, CrowdTwist, Inc. (“CrowdTwist”). As used in these Terms, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” shall be deemed to collectively refer to both Vitamix and CrowdTwist.
By accessing or participating in the Program, you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms, whether or not you sign-up as a Member (defined below) of the Program. If you wish to become a Member and participate in the Program, please read these Terms and indicate your acceptance to these Terms by following the instructions in the Program sign-up process. It is important that you review these Terms regularly. We may impose limits on certain features, activities, promotions or services and may restrict, suspend, terminate your access to the Program, in whole or in part, at any time and for any or no reason, with or without prior notice and without liability.
Each time you access and/or use the Program, you agree to be bound by and comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms (defined below). If you do not agree to these Terms, please do not participate in the Program. The business realities associated with operating the Program are such that, without the limitations that are set forth in these Terms – such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and our arbitration of certain disputes – we would not make the Program available to you.
Table of Contents
- Program Sign-Up
- Earning Points
- Member-Required Disclosures and Representations and Warranties
- Timing and Termination
- Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others
- Terms Applicable to User-Generated Content
- Member Disputes
- Code of Conduct
- Program and Content Use Restrictions
- Linked Sites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties
- Limitation on Liability
- Our Rights
- Dispute Resolution
- Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief
- Update to Terms
- Communications, Notices and Customer Service
- General Provisions
1. Eligibility. To participate in the Program, you must be at the time of Program enrollment: (i) at least eighteen (18) years of age; (ii) a legal resident and physically located in the United States of America or Canada (“Locations”); and (iii) have a Vitamix.com account. If you don’t have a Vitamix.com account (“Online Account”) and would like to create one, please visit Vitamix.com/rewards. In order to access and use the Program, Members must have a Device (defined below) that is capable of accessing the Internet.
2. Program Sign-Up. To become a Member, eligible individuals may sign-up for this Program by logging-in to their Online Account. You must accept these Terms, and provide additional information during the Program enrollment. Enrolled persons will also have an account related to the Program (referred to herein as the “Member Account”) that is accessible through your Online Account. Individuals who sign-up for the Program and receive a Member Account are referred to in these Terms as, “Members.” Participation in the Program constitutes Member’s full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Vitamix’s and CrowdTwist’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Program.
In connection with your Online Account and the Member Account, you agree that: (i) You will provide true, accurate, current, and complete information about yourself in connection with the sign-up process and, as permitted, to maintain and update it continuously and promptly to keep it accurate, current, and complete; (ii) You are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your Online Account and Member Account – whether or not you authorized the activity; (iii) You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Online Account password and for restricting access to your Device so that others may not access the Program or your Member Account using your name, username, or password; (iv) You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your Online Account, Member Account, password, or username, or any other breach of security by calling us at the following phone number: (800) 848-2649; and (v) You will not sell, transfer, or assign your Online Account or Member Account. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (of any kind and under any legal theory) to you or any third party arising from your inability or failure for any reason to comply with any of the foregoing obligations. If any information that you provide, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect that any information that you provide, is false, inaccurate, outdated, incomplete, or violates these Terms, or any applicable law, then we may suspend or terminate your participation in the Program. We also reserve the more general and broad right to terminate your Online Account or Member Account or suspend or otherwise deny you access to either of them or their benefits – all in our sole discretion, for any reason, and without advance notice or liability.
3. Earning Points. The Program offers Members the ability to accumulate and redeem rewards points (“Points”), on an individual basis and solely for Member’s own Member Account. In order to earn points, members must be logged-in to their Online Account. The Program is structured to offer certain benefits based on the Member’s current balance of “redeemable” Points (that is, Points that have not previously been redeemed) or “lifetime” Points (that is, all prior Points accumulated by Member, whether previously redeemed or not). From time to time, we may establish, at our sole discretion, activities pursuant to which Members may “earn” Points (“Qualifying Activities”). Examples of “Qualifying Activities” include, but are not limited to, becoming a Member, writing a product review, visiting or watching a video, or engaging in certain specified activities related to social networks. Qualifying Activities may be added, discontinued or be made available again, at any time, and from time to time. Points may expire (and become non-redeemable) after 18 months or upon discontinuation of the Program. In such event, notice of termination and expiration of Points will be posted on the Program. Please note that we reserve the right to institute additional expiration dates for Points, as determined in our sole discretion. Actions (even if they are considered Qualifying Activities) taken prior to Program sign-up are not eligible to earn Points, except to the extent expressly indicated, if any. Points can be tracked in your Member Account, which can be accessed through your Online Account. Points are always subject to verification and eligibility determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion.
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, at any time during the duration of this Program, all as set forth in these Terms, to: (i) change the number of Points awarded, or to award no Points, for any particular Qualifying Activity, (ii) offer additional or new Qualifying Activities for a limited time or permanently, (iii) delete any or all means to earn Points, (iv) limit the number of times or frequency a Member may earn Points for engaging in a Qualifying Activity or engaging in the activity during a specific time period, and (v) offer Points earning opportunities to select groups of Members. Also, Vitamix may offer Points for engaging in a Qualifying Activity under one set of rules for one promotion, and may opt not to offer Points for engaging in that same activity under a subsequent promotion. Once a Qualifying Activity has been successfully completed and verified, the corresponding number of Points will appear in your Member Account. Points will be awarded within 48 hours for most activities, while others will take up to 1 week based on data processing. For some Qualifying Activities, if you reverse your performance of such activity, the Points awarded to you for such activity may be removed from your redeemable total.
Each Member will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy of his/her Program Point totals. If a Member believes his/her Program Point total is not accurate, or that Points earned were not credited, please call us at the following phone number: (800) 848-2649 within 7 days of the end of the applicable activity. Points subsequently determined, in the sole discretion of Vitamix, to be invalid, will be removed from a Member’s Point accumulation total.
Any Points you earn by completing a Qualifying Activity are considered a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable right solely for use towards the earning of rewards. Accordingly, you have no property, proprietary, intellectual property, ownership, or monetary interest in your Points, which remain Vitamix property at all times. Points have no “real world” value and are not redeemable for cash, transferable or assignable for any reason or otherwise by operation of law. Points have no purpose or use except in exchange for rewards (if any) offered via the Program. Accordingly, you may not purchase, sell, barter, or trade any Points, or offer to purchase, sell, or trade any Points or other virtual items. Any attempt to combine or transfer Points will result in disqualification from the Program and forfeiture of all Points in the Member Account. Points will not be valid unless earned in strict compliance with the requirements as established and intended by us, and Member shall not attempt to earn Points by any means (including, without limitation, by using any script, bot or other automated means) that only simulates compliance with the applicable requirements. Vitamix reserves the right to take any other or additional action it deems appropriate, in its sole discretion, in the event that Vitamix believes, in its sole discretion, that a Member (or Members) has violated these Terms. You agree to abide by Vitamix’s final and binding decisions regarding the Program and your participation in it.
4. Member-Required Disclosures and Representations and Warranties. In connection with certain Qualifying Activities, from time to time, Members will have access to Content (defined below) that is made available through the Program. Each Member who submits or shares Content or User Content (defined below) on third party social sharing sites, such as facebook.com, twitter.com, instagram.com (the “Approved Sites”), in connection with this Program is required by these Terms and by law to disclose anything of value that is received by the Member from Vitamix or CrowdTwist as encouragement for the Member’s sharing of such content.
You acknowledge and agree that if any such disclosures are included by Vitamix within any messaging that you share from the Program, you will not edit, alter or otherwise remove these disclosures from the message. You acknowledge that any failure to abide by the requirements set forth in the previous sentence may result in the termination of your Member Account and forfeiture of all your Points. You may not share Content or otherwise disclose your participation in the Program on your own without disclosing anything of value that you received from Vitamix or CrowdTwist as encouragement for your sharing of such content. Each social media sharing activity available in rewards will instruct you whether or not you need to disclose your connection to the Program and if so, how you should make such disclosures. Members agree and represent and warrant to the following statements:
- I will not post any information or content or conduct any activity that may violate, or which encourages the violation of, applicable local, state or federal laws or regulations and will promptly remove any such content upon request by Vitamix or CrowdTwist.
- I will not post any information or content that may infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party and will promptly remove any such third party content upon request by Vitamix or CrowdTwist.
- I have read and will fully comply with the Federal Trade Commission’s (“FTC’s”) Endorsement and Testimonial Guides (“Guides”) (https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/one-stops/advertisement-endorsements/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf) when talking or writing about Vitamix.
Further, and without limitation, I:
- Will clearly and conspicuously disclose that I have received compensation and product and/or other incentive items from Vitamix (as applicable) proximate to any mention by me of Vitamix;
- Will not make any false, misleading or deceptive statement about Vitamix’s products or services;
- Ensure that all my statements accurately reflect only my honest, current opinions and beliefs based on my personal experience;
- Will not purport to speak on behalf of Vitamix; and
- Maintain my social media activities related to this Program in a manner appropriate for a family audience and will not be rude or abusive.
I will follow the guidance at https://business.ftc.gov/documents/bus71-ftcs-revised-endorsement-guideswhat-people-are-asking.
- I will strictly comply with all applicable Approved Site terms of service, membership agreements, privacy policies, and other similar applicable governing documents of any third-party sites, services or venues that I use in performing Program activities, including, without limitation, Twitter’s Terms of Service and Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
- Rewards Generally. Once earned, Points will be deposited into your Member Account profile (within 7 days) and can be used to acquire rewards such as merchandise, offers and other items of value from the rewards section of the Program, while supplies last. From time to time, we may offer rewards for all Members who have achieved certain Point thresholds or engaged in certain Qualifying Activities, as described at the Program. The rewards section of the Program will list the corresponding Point value required to redeem each item. Members must comply with individual item restrictions where indicated on the rewards section of the Program. We may periodically modify the list of merchandise and other items available for Point redemption as well as the Points needed to receive a reward throughout the Program Period (defined below). All redemptions are subject to these Terms and all limitations or requirements on the Program. Qualifying Activities are likely to be available on a time-limited basis and, when they expire, may no longer be available.
- Redemption of Points. To spend/redeem your Points, navigate through the items listed on the rewards section of the Program. You can choose any item still available for which you have accumulated sufficient Points for redemption. Click the image corresponding to the item you wish to redeem and follow the links and instructions to complete the redemption process. As part of the redemption process, you will receive a confirmation email. Emails will be sent to the email address associated with the Member’s Online Account. The total number of Points a Member can use to redeem an item at any given time is the total number of Points available in their Member Account at the time of redemption. Once a Member has ordered an item from the rewards section of the Program, the order is final and the appropriate number of Points will be deducted immediately from their Member Account.
- Provide Accurate Information. Each Member is responsible for ensuring the mailing address, email address, phone number, and any other contact information associated with his/her Online Account is accurate and up to date. We are not responsible for non-receipt of an item shipped to the mailing address associated with a Member’s Online Account. Changes to Online Accounts, Member Accounts, or the information in them should only be made by the Member to whom such accounts belong.
- Points Redemptions are Final. All Points redemptions for items are final. Points will not be refunded or placed back in a Member’s quantity of redeemable Points for any reason after an order has been placed and merchandise may not be returned for any reason.
- Rewards with Limited Availability. Some items available in the rewards section of the Program may be available in limited quantities, or for a limited time, and will be noted as such. Once the total available number of any such item has been claimed, or once the limited time to redeem such an item has expired, that item will be removed from the rewards section of the Program. If there is a particular reward offered that you would like to receive, you should redeem your Points for that reward as soon as possible (once you have enough Points) because supplies or redemption time may be limited and the Program may be discontinued at any time in our sole discretion. Many rewards are awarded on a first-come, first-served and while-supplies-last basis. If you redeem your Points for a reward and we determine that the reward was unavailable, out of stock or for whatever reason cannot be provided to you, we will “refund” the Points that you exchanged for the reward.
- Forfeiture of Points. Any Points remaining in a Member Account days after the Program End Date (defined below) will be forfeited without compensation. Points have no cash value and are only redeemable for items offered via the Program.
- Points Conversion. From time to time we may make items available in the rewards section of the Program that will allow you to convert your accrued Points into rewards such as gift cards or similar items based on a pre-determined conversion ratio set by us. You understand and agree that we may set the Points conversion ratio for any such rewards in our sole and absolute discretion and we may change such conversion ratio at any time throughout the Program Period. The conversion ratio for Points into rewards may vary among retailers or rewards providers and all details regarding the specific conversion ratio applicable to a reward will be provided in the rewards section of the Program. We also reserve the right to charge you an administrative fee such as a processing or handling fee when converting your Points to a form of gift card (or similar reward item) and you agree to pay any such amounts if requested by us at the time of Points redemption.
- Rewards Sweepstakes. From time to time, as part of the Program activities, Vitamix may elect to conduct sweepstakes, some of which may be open for entry only to Members and others of which may be open to the general public (each a “Sweepstakes”). All Sweepstakes are subject to all rules, terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes, and described in the Official Rules that accompanies the Sweepstakes. Methods of entry into the various Sweepstakes will be detailed in the Official Rules.
- Release and Taxes. Members agree to sign an affidavit, release of liability, publicity release or similar agreement if requested by us prior to receiving your reward. Members are responsible for all applicable taxes, including income tax liability, associated with any item acquired under the Program. Vitamix or CrowdTwist will issue an IRS Form 1099 to Members obtaining any item(s) with a combined total value equal to $600 or more in any single calendar year. Members obtaining any item(s) with a combined total value equal to $600 or more in any single calendar year will be required to provide his/her Social Security Number within the timeframe specified for tax reporting purposes prior to the shipment of the item(s). An IRS Form 1099-MISC will be issued to him/her for the total value of all items awarded for the tax year in which the item(s) are awarded.
- Other Terms Applicable to Rewards. Rewards, other than those which are digital in nature (which include any products or services that a Member can redeem Points for) are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by us. Points are not your personal property, and are not descendible, may not be inherited, bartered or sold to any third party. You cannot transfer Points nor have rewards sent to any third party. Points may not be redeemed with us for money or exchanged with any third party for money. The only way to use Points is to redeem them for Program rewards to be sent to you. Products made available as rewards may be refurbished products. Some rewards may have age eligibility requirements. We reserve the right to verify your eligibility qualifications prior to fulfilling a reward.
- Delivery of Rewards. Many rewards available through the Program will be fulfilled electronically, such as by digital gift card. Rewards which are electronic or digital in nature will be sent to the email address that you provided when you created, or last updated, your Online Account. Tangible rewards items will be mailed to your U.S. postal address that you provided when you created, or last updated, your Online Account. Some rewards will be fulfilled by third-party partners and may not be available in some areas. No rewards will be shipped to P.O. Boxes, APO (Army Post Office) or FPO (Fleet Post Office) addresses, or destinations outside the Locations. Rewards shipped via postal mail will be shipped within approximately eight (8) to twelve (12) weeks from the date your order is processed, unless the Program states a different schedule or the particular reward you ordered is limited in quantity, backordered, or out of stock. We are not liable for any damages to, losses of or delays in any shipments. Rewards that are undeliverable for whatever reason (including because your Program information is incorrect) will not be re-sent and are forfeited, and the Points will not be refunded. The method used to transmit rewards to Members will be chosen by Vitamix and will not be subject to variance at Member’s request.
6. Timing and Termination. The "Program Period" will begin June 2019 and will end on a date to be determined in Vitamix’s sole and absolute discretion, which date shall be posted on the Program or sent to you via email (the "Program End Date"). Vitamix makes no guarantee or representation as to the length of time during which the Program will be offered, and the Program could end at any time. Vitamix reserves the right to cancel, modify, restrict, suspend or terminate this Program or any aspect or feature of the Program, including Points, and/or extend or shorten the current Program Period at any time without notice. After the Program End Date, Members will no longer be permitted to earn or redeem Points, all Points will expire and the Program will no longer be available, and no further liability will be owed by us to any Member.
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Program and/or are a Member. We may suspend or terminate your membership for any reason, at any time. If we suspend or terminate you because you have breached these Terms, you may either be terminated from the Program or otherwise be restricted by us from redeeming Points or earning more Points until such time (if ever) when we reinstate your membership (at our discretion). In the event that you are terminated as a Member, we may elect to immediately void all of your accumulated Points and, in such instance, you shall not be entitled to redeem Points for any items. Even after your participation is terminated, these Terms will remain in effect. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to pursue all of our legal remedies, including, but not limited to, deletion of your Online Account, Member Account, and submitted User Content, from the Program upon any breach by you of these Terms. If you wish to discontinue your participation in this Program, please contact us at (800) 848-2649.
7. Content, Ownership, Limited License and Rights of Others.
- Content. The Program contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Vitamix and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the "look and feel" of the Program, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Program and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including those of Vitamix and CrowdTwist (collectively, "Trademarks"); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively "Content").
- Ownership. The Program (including past, present, and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Vitamix, CrowdTwist and/or our licensors and certain other third parties. All Content included on the Program is used with the permission of Vitamix, such as text, graphics, logos, icons, images, and audio clips. All right, title and interest in and to the Content available on the Program is the property of Vitamix or our licensors or certain other third parties and is protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property rights to the fullest extent possible.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with these Terms and any Additional Terms, Vitamix grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to: (i) download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use to enable display and functionality) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, a "Device") for your personal, non-commercial use only, and (ii) to use certain Content that we may from time to time make available on the Program explicitly for you for use as part of or to be incorporated into your User Content ("Vitamix Licensed Elements"), but only for such purposes as may be explicitly stated at the time that the Vitamix Licensed Elements are made available on the Program; but we and our licensors and certain other third parties, as the case may be, retain ownership of such Vitamix Licensed Elements. The foregoing limited license: (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Vitamix’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content and/or Vitamix Licensed Elements, subject to certain Additional Terms. You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, re-post, or use the Content on the Program for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without Vitamix’s written permission.
- Rights of Others. When using the Program, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Vitamix and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability. Vitamix respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting or distribution of it via the Program, then please contact Vitamix at Legal@vitamix.com or (800) 848-2649.
8. Terms Applicable To User-Generated Content.
- General. Vitamix may now or in the future offer Members the opportunity to create, build, post, upload, display, publish, distribute, transmit, broadcast, or otherwise make available on or submit through the Program messages, avatars, text, illustrations, files, images, graphics, photos, comments, responses, sounds, music, videos, information, content, ratings, reviews, data, questions, suggestions, or other information or materials and the ideas contained therein (collectively, but excluding Vitamix Licensed Elements included therein, “User Content”). Vitamix may allow you to do this through forums, blogs, message boards, social communities, e-mail, and other communications functionality. Subject to the rights and license you grant in these Terms, you retain whatever legally cognizable right, title, and interest that you have in your User Content. You agree and understand that you may not post, upload, display, share, distribute, transmit, or submit through or in connection to the Program any personally identifiable information.
- License to Vitamix of Your User Content. Except as otherwise described in any applicable Additional Terms, which specifically govern the submission of your User Content, you hereby grant to Vitamix, and you agree to grant to Vitamix, the non-exclusive, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, and cost-free right and license to use, copy, record, distribute, reproduce, disclose, sell, re-sell, sublicense (through multiple levels), display, publicly perform, transmit, publish, broadcast, translate, make derivative works of, and otherwise use and exploit in any manner whatsoever, all or any portion of your User Content (and derivative works thereof), for any purpose whatsoever in all formats, on or through any means or medium now known or hereafter developed, and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed, and to advertise, market, and promote the same. Without limitation, the granted rights include the right to: (a) configure, host, index, cache, archive, store, digitize, compress, optimize, modify, reformat, edit, adapt, publish in searchable format, and remove such User Content and combine same with other materials, and (b) use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any User Content for any purposes whatsoever, including developing, producing, and marketing products and/or services. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to Vitamix to your User Content, you also hereby grant to Vitamix, and agree to grant to Vitamix, the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, and likeness in connection with any User Content, without any obligation or remuneration to you. Except as prohibited by law, you hereby waive, and you agree to waive, any moral rights (including attribution and integrity) that you may have in any User Content, even if it is altered or changed in a manner not agreeable to you. To the extent not waivable, you irrevocably agree not to exercise such rights (if any) in a manner that interferes with any exercise of the granted rights. You understand that you will not receive any fees, sums, consideration, or remuneration for any of the rights granted in this Section 8.
- Vitamix’s Exclusive Right to Manage our Venue. Vitamix may, but will not have any obligation to, review, monitor, display, post, store, maintain, accept, or otherwise make use of, any of your User Content, and Vitamix may, in its sole discretion, reject, delete, move, re-format, remove or refuse to post or otherwise make use of User Content without notice or any liability to you or any third party in connection with our operation of User Content venues in an appropriate manner. Without limitation, we may do so to address content that comes to our attention that we believe is offensive, obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, threatening, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or to enforce the rights of third parties or these Terms or any applicable Additional Terms, including without limitation, the content restrictions set forth in the Code of Conduct.Such User Content submitted by you or others need not be maintained on the Program by us for any period of time and you will not have the right, once submitted, to access, archive, maintain, or otherwise use such User Content in connection with the Program or elsewhere.
- Representations and Warranties Related to Your User Content. Each time you submit any User Content, you represent and warrant that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside and are the parent or legal guardian, or have all proper consents from the parent or legal guardian, of any minor who is depicted in or contributed to any User Content you submit, and that, as to that User Content: (a) you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property and other rights to the User Content, or you have a lawful right to submit the User Content and grant Vitamix the rights to it that you are granting by these Terms and any Additional Terms, all without any Vitamix obligation to obtain consent of any third party and without creating any obligation or liability of Vitamix; (b) the User Content is accurate; (c) the User Content does not and, as to Vitamix’s permitted uses and exploitation set forth in these Terms, will not infringe any intellectual property or other right of any third party; and (d) the User Content will not violate these Terms (including the Code of Conduct) or any Additional Terms, or cause injury or harm to any person.
- Enforcement. Vitamix has no obligation to monitor or enforce your intellectual property rights to your User Content, but you grant us the right to protect and enforce our rights to your User Content, including by bringing and controlling actions in your name and on your behalf (at Vitamix’s cost and expense, to which you hereby consent and irrevocably appoint Vitamix as your attorney-in-fact, with the power of substitution and delegation, which appointment is coupled with an interest).
9. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any Member. Vitamix reserves the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other Members. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others (e.g., when you submit any personal or other information) and in all of your other online activities.
10. Code of Conduct. You understand and agree that Vitamix may review and delete any User Content that in the sole judgment of Vitamix violates these Terms or which might be offensive, inconsistent with what is appropriate in our Program, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Members. The following is a list of the kind of User Content that is prohibited on the Program. Vitamix reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including, without limitation, removing the offending User Content from the Program and terminating the membership of such violators. Content that violates the “Code of Conduct” includes, but is not limited to, User Content that:
- is patently offensive, such as User Content that promotes racism, discrimination, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person or any cursing, stalking, insuring comments, personal attacks or gossip;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”, or flooding;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays obscene, pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind or is defamatory or slanderous;
- promotes any infringing, illegal, or other similarly inappropriate activity;
- impersonates any other person, user, or company, or may be false, fraudulent, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading, or that misrepresents your identity or affiliation with a person or company;
- contains personal identifiable information;
- solicits personal information from anyone; and
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales without Vitamix’s prior written consent, including, but not limited to, contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
Even though all of this is strictly prohibited, there is a small chance that Members might become exposed to such items and each Member further waives Member’s right to any damages (from any party) related to such exposure.
Your participation in the Program is subject to these additional rules that are part of our Code of Conduct:
- Your User Content. All of your User Content either must be original with you or you must have all necessary rights in it from third parties in order to permit you to comply with these Terms and any Additional Terms. Your User Content should not contain any visible logos, phrases, or trademarks that belong to third parties. Do not use any User Content that belongs to other people and pass it off as your own; this includes any content that you might have found elsewhere on the Internet. If anyone contributes to your User Content or has any rights to your User Content, or if anyone appears in the User Content, then you must also have their permission to submit such User Content to Vitamix. (For example, if someone has taken a picture of you and your friend, and you submit that photo to Vitamix as your User Content, then you must obtain your friend’s and the photographer’s permission to do so.)
- No Pictures, Videos, or Images of Anyone Other Than You and Your Friends and Family. If you choose to submit photos to the Program, link to embedded videos, or include other images of real people, then make sure they are of you or of you and someone you know – and only if you have their express permission to submit it.
- Don’t Damage the Site or Anyone’s Computers or Other Devices. Your User Content must not submit viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, or any other technologies or malicious code that could impact the operation of the Program or any computer or other Device.
- Don’t Share Other Peoples’ Personal Information. Your User Content should not reveal another person’s address, phone number, e-mail address, social security number, credit card number, medical information, financial information, or any other information that may be used to track, contact, or impersonate that individual, unless, and in the form and by the method, specifically requested by Vitamix.
If you submit User Content that we reasonably believe violates this Code of Conduct, then we may take any legally available action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion. However, we are not obligated to take any action not required by law. We may require, at any time, proof of the permissions referred to above in a form acceptable to us. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the User Content in question being removed from the Program. If you discover any content that you feel constitutes an alleged infringement of intellectual property rights, contact Vitamix at Legal@vitamix.com or (800) 848-2649.
11. Program and Content Use Restrictions.
- Program Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (i) use the Program for any political or commercial purpose (including, without limitation, for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (ii) transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members; (iii) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Trademarks; (iv) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Program that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Vitamix; (v) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any site source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Program; (vi) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Program or the proper operation of the Program, or otherwise causes harm to the Program, Vitamix, or other Members of the Program; (vii) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Program or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Program, the Content, or the User Content; or (viii) otherwise violate these Terms or any Additional Terms.
- Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Program: (i) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute the Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine activity or use of a standard browser) on the Program by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (ii) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (iii) you will keep intact all Trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (iv) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (v) you will not make any modifications to such Content (other than to the extent of your permitted use of the Vitamix Licensed Elements, if applicable); (vi) you will not modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate to any third party or on any third-party application or websites, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Vitamix or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; and (vii) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- Availability of Program and Content. Vitamix may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Program and Content (and any elements and features of them) in whole or in part for any reason, in Vitamix’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability.
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Program. These Terms and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Program. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Vitamix and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Program for any purpose is prohibited.
12. Linked Sites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties.
- Linked Sites; Advertisements. The Program may contain other links to sites that are controlled by third parties (“Linked Sites”). Those Linked Sites are not controlled by Vitamix, and Members acknowledge that Vitamix is not responsible for the content of any such Linked Site or any link contained in a Linked Site. Vitamix provides such links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Vitamix of any Linked Site. Vitamix does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Sites, or any third-party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Furthermore, Vitamix is not responsible for the quality or delivery of the products or services offered, accessed, obtained by or advertised at such Linked Sites. Finally, Vitamix will under no circumstances be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental or special loss or other damage, whether arising from negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights, caused by the exhibition, distribution or exploitation of any information or content contained within these third-party Linked Sites. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use and/or sale, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Sites. Vitamix disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Program (including on or via Linked Sites or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third-party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Vitamix disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
13. Disclaimers. YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE”, AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Vitamix, CrowdTwist, their parent companies and each of their respective subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, successors, and assigns (collectively, “Program Parties”) hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
- the Program (including the Content and the User Content);
- the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Program;
- any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Program;
- security associated with the transmission of your User Content transmitted to Vitamix or via the Program;
- whether the Program or the servers that make the Service available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, Trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Device);
- whether the information (including any instructions) on the Program is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
- whether any defects to or errors on the Program will be repaired or corrected;
- whether your access to the Program will be uninterrupted;
- whether the Program will be available at any particular time or location; and
- whether your use of the Program is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
Except for any specific warranties provided herein or in additional terms provided by a Program Party, Program Parties hereby further disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property rights of third parties, title, custom, trade, quiet enjoyment, system integration, and freedom from computer virus.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
14. Limitation on Liability. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY PROGRAM PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU, OR ANYONE ACTING ON YOUR BEHALF, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST REVENUE OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF ANY PROGRAM PARTY IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if Program Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action based in contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of god, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Program).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
IF ANY PROGRAM PARTY IMPROPERLY DENIES AN ACCRUAL OF POINTS OR A REWARD, LIABILITY WILL NOT EXCEED THE EQUIVALENT VALUE, AS DETERMINED BY VITAMX, OF THAT ACCRUAL OF POINTS OR REWARD.For purposes of clarity, the prior sentence does not expand or limit any express, written product warranty that is provided by Vitamix or a manufacturer of a physical product.
15. Our Rights. Vitamix reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel or discontinue the Program, in whole or in part, for any reason, at its sole discretion, with or without notice to Members. Vitamix may, among other things, withdraw, limit, modify, suspend or cancel any item and/or modify or regulate the Points, items or benefits you may have accrued. Each Member agrees that Vitamix will not be liable to the Member or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of the Program. Vitamix reserves the right to interpret and apply the policies and procedures communicated in these Terms. All determinations by Vitamix, including determinations of eligibility, and proper authorization of Point and item redemption, shall be final and conclusive in each case. Vitamix reserves the right to terminate any Member’s participation in the Program, to deny award of any item and/or terminate service if, in Vitamix’s sole judgment, such Member has in any way violated these Terms.
16. Fraud. Fraud or abuse relating to the registration process, providing of personal information, or redemption of items is a violation of these Terms. Users are solely responsible for any fraudulent use that may occur due to the theft of or sharing of a Member’s password. Members agree to immediately notify Vitamix of any unauthorized use of their Online Account or Member Account or any other breach of security known to them. The Program is a service provided to an individual Member, not a company or other entity, and a company or other entity may not direct, encourage or allow individuals to participate for anything other than individual use. Vitamix reserves the right to terminate or suspend a Member’s participation in the Program and/or void a Member’s Points if any Member engages in fraudulent activity or otherwise uses this Program other than in accordance with these Terms and applicable law.
Any attempt by any member or any other individual or entity to damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the program is a violation of these Terms. Vitamix reserves the right to investigate any suspicious activity and to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Dispute Resolution. Any claim or dispute between the parties or any claim, dispute, or controversy involving Member and any other party arising from or relating to these Terms or the Program, including, without limitation, the arbitrability of any claim or dispute and the validity and enforceability of this mandatory arbitration provision or these Terms, shall be resolved by BINDING ARBITRATION. Any arbitration proceeding will take place in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. A single arbitrator shall conduct arbitration, under the Federal Rules of Evidence and the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) Consumer Arbitration Rules in effect at the time the claim is filed. To obtain rules and form, contact the AAA at 800.778.7879, www.adr.org/consumer (website), or email@example.com(E-Mail). If AAA cannot or will not administer the arbitration, Member agrees to submit the claim to JAMS for proceedings conducted under JAMS’ Comprehensive Arbitration Rules. If both designated arbitration forums cannot or will not administer the arbitration, it remains Vitamix’s, CrowdTwist’s and Member’s intent to arbitrate and to have appointed an arbitrator pursuant to 9 USC § 5. Member agrees not to participate in a representative capacity or as a member of any class of claimants pertaining to any claims or disputes covered by this mandatory arbitration provision. No arbitrator shall be allowed to conduct arbitration on a class-wide basis, and the arbitrator shall not be allowed to consolidate arbitration demands filed by Vitamix’s other customers. If any other term is unenforceable in this mandatory arbitration provision, the remaining terms are severable and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law. This mandatory arbitration provision shall be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. By participating in the Program, Member agrees to the terms of this mandatory arbitration provision. MEMBER UNDERSTANDS THAT MEMBER IS VOLUNTARILY WAIVING MEMBER’S RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL, JUDGE TRIAL, OR RIGHT TO ASSERT ANY CLAIMS AGAINST VITAMIX AND CROWDTWIST AS A REPRESENTATIVE OR MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION FOR CLAIMS OR DISPUTES arising from or relating to these Terms or the Program, EXCEPT WHERE SUCH WAIVER IS PROHIBITED BY LAW. These Terms and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IF YOU WANT TO ASSERT A DISPUTE AGAINST US, THEN YOU MUST COMMENCE IT WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE DISPUTE ARISES – OR IT WILL BE FOREVER BARRED.
18. Waiver of Injunctive or Other Equitable Relief. IF YOU CLAIM THAT YOU HAVE INCURRED ANY LOSS, DAMAGES, OR INJURIES IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM, THEN THE LOSSES, DAMAGES, AND INJURIES WILL NOT BE IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION OR TO OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF OF ANY KIND. THIS MEANS THAT, IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR CLAIM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SEEK, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN, ANY COURT OR OTHER ACTION THAT MAY INTERFERE WITH OR PREVENT THE DEVELOPMENT OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITES, APPLICATION, CONTENT, USER CONTENT, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNED, LICENSED, USED OR CONTROLLED BY US (INCLUDING YOUR LICENSED USER CONTENT) OR A LICENSOR OF VITAMIX.
19. Indemnity. In exchange for the right to participate in the Program, you agree to indemnify, defend (at our option) and hold us harmless from and against any and all damages, losses, liabilities, claims, costs, investigations, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, expenses or demands, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to: (i) your User Content; (ii) your use of the Program and your activities in connection with the Program; (iii) your breach or anticipatory breach of these Terms or any Additional Terms; (iv) your violation or anticipatory violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental or quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Program or your activities in connection with the website and the Program; (v) information or material transmitted through your Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (vi) any misrepresentation made by you; and (vii) our use of the information that you submit to us (including your User Content) (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by us in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of Vitamix. We are not responsible for technical, hardware, network connections or incomplete or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause.
20. Updates to Terms. These Terms (and, as applicable, Additional Terms), in the form posted at the time of your participation in the Program, shall govern such participation. THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE OFFER THE PROGRAM MAY BE MODIFIED AND WE MAY CEASE OFFERING THE PROGRAM UNDER THE TERMS OR ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR WHICH THEY WERE PREVIOUSLY OFFERED. ACCORDINGLY, EACH TIME YOU SIGN IN TO OR OTHERWISE USE THE PROGRAM YOU ARE ENTERING INTO A NEW AGREEMENT WITH US ON THE THEN APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY NOTIFY YOU OF OTHER TERMS BY POSTING THEM ON THE PROGRAM OR VIA EMAIL (OR IN ANY OTHER REASONABLE MANNER OF NOTICE WHICH WE ELECT), AND THAT YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM AFTER SUCH NOTICE CONSTITUTES YOUR GOING FORWARD AGREEMENT TO THE REVISED TERMS. Therefore, you should review the posted Terms and any applicable Additional Terms each time you use the Program (at least prior to each transaction or submission). The revised Terms will be effective as to new use and transactions as of the time that we post them, or such later date as may be specified in them or in other notice to you. However, the Terms (and any applicable Additional Terms) that applied when you previously used the Program will continue to apply to such prior use (i.e., changes and additions are prospective only) unless mutually agreed. In the event any notice to you of new, revised or additional terms is determined by a tribunal to be insufficient, the prior agreement shall continue until sufficient notice to establish a new agreement occurs. You should frequently check the rewards home page, and the e-mail you associated with your Online Account for notices, all of which you agree are reasonable manners of providing you notice. You can reject any new, revised or Additional Terms by discontinuing use of the Program and related services.
If you have a question regarding using the Program, you may contact Vitamix Customer Support by calling our toll-free number at (800) 848-2649. You acknowledge that the provision of customer support is at our sole discretion and that we have no obligation to provide you with customer support of any kind.
22. General Provisions.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from these Terms or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of these Terms or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter.
- Communications. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. We reserve the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its site’s security or its information technology or other systems or networks; (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of these Terms and any Additional Terms; (iii) investigate any information obtained by us in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws; (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters; (v) prosecute violators of these Terms and any Additional Terms; and (vi) discontinue the Program, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to us under these Terms or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Program, or upon notice from us, all rights granted to you under these Terms or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Program. The provisions of these Terms and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to us in these Terms, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- Assignment. We may assign its rights and obligations under these Terms and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. These Terms and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Vitamix.
- No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or us in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of these Terms or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.
- Connectivity. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining all Devices and other equipment and software, and all internet service, mobile service, and other services needed for your access to and use of the Program and you will be responsible for all charges related to them.