Making the switch to a clean eating lifestyle is quite simple. But if you’re accustomed to eating frozen dinners and boxed snacks, this transition may understandably seem a bit intimidating.
After committing to clean eating, you’ll have to carefully choose the foods you eat—especially when it comes to packaged food—to avoid clean eating no-nos, such as chemical ingredients, added sugars and GMOs. In some cases, it might seem next-to-impossible to find clean versions of some foods.
That’s why it’s important to embrace cooking. You choose the ingredients and can be confident what you’re eating is clean and will benefit your health, not harm it.
Fortunately, a Vitamix is the perfect tool for your clean eating journey. The powerful blending capabilities of a Vitamix machine allow you to make healthy and delicious substitutes for many highly-processed foods loaded with ingredients that you must stay away when following a clean eating lifestyle.
The quintessential Vitamix recipe is the smoothie. You can fill the container with fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables and quickly pulverize these healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients into a silky smoothie. No added sugars. No chemical additives that you can’t pronounce. Just high-quality ingredients full of energy, vitamins and nutrients.
However, a Vitamix can blend far more than smoothies. Granola? Check. Hot soup? No sweat. Cakes? Absolutely! Put simply, you can make clean versions of many processed foods you’d typically buy with a single appliance.
Here are three of the dozens of clean eating recipes you can make with a Vitamix and achieve a clean eating lifestyle.
Smoothies purchased from chain stores are often loaded with sugars and cheap ingredients—sometimes with more than 100 grams of sugar in a single smoothie. There are exceptions but why not make your own? There are too many delicious and simple options not to!
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 杯 (170 g) 青葡萄
- 半杯 (85 g) 菠萝，去皮，切块
- ½ 个香蕉，去皮
- 2 杯 (60 g) 菠菜
- 半杯 (70 g) 冰块
- 按所列顺序将所有原料放入 Vitamix 容杯中并盖上盖子。
- 选择变速档 1。
- 启动料理机，缓慢将速度调至 10 档，然后调至 "High"。
- 搅拌 45 秒钟或者直至稠度合适。立即食用。
Canned or packaged soups are typically far from clean. With a Vitamix, it’s possible to cook a hot soup full of vegetables of your choosing. No stove required.
- 3 杯 (720 ml) 低钠蔬菜汤
- 1½ cup (315 g) black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 1½ cup (360 g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, sautéed
- 3 瓣大蒜，烤熟
- 3 汤匙青柠檬汁
- 1 个墨西哥椒，去籽，切成四分之一
- 1 茶匙孜然
- ¼ 茶匙盐
- ⅛ 茶匙研磨黑胡椒粉
- ¼ cup (35 g) red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 按所列顺序将汤、¾ 杯 (155 g) 黄豆、鹰嘴豆、洋葱、大蒜、青柠汁、墨西哥辣椒和调味品放入 Vitamix 容杯中，并盖上盖子。
- Select the Hot Soups program, or Variable 1.
- 启动料理机，让料理机完成编程设置，或者缓慢将速度调到 High，搅拌 6 至 7 分钟，直到排气口出现大量蒸汽。
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add peppers and reserved ¾ cup (155g) beans through the lid plug opening.
- 再搅拌 10 秒钟。即可食用。
Yes, you can and should satisfy your sweet tooth, even when eating clean. However, boxed desserts such as brownies may include ingredients like partially hydrogenated oils (i.e., trans fat), carrageenan, preservatives and artificial coloring. A Vitamix allows you to remove these additives and and create alternatives of your favorite sweet treats that fit in with your clean eating lifestyle.
- 将烤箱预先加热至 375°F (190°C)。用不粘的烹饪喷剂喷洒在 9 英寸（23 厘米）的方形烤盘中。
- 按所列顺序将红薯泥、苹果酱和杏仁酱放入 Vitamix 容杯中，并盖上盖子。
- 选择变速档 1。
- 搅拌 25 秒钟，使用搅拌棒将食材按入刀片中。
- 停止运行机器，将枣子和鸡蛋放入容杯中。选择 1 档。
- 启动料理机，缓慢将速度调至 7 档。搅拌 15 秒钟，用搅拌棒将原料压入刀片。
- 停止运行机器，并将可可粉和烘焙粉放入容杯中。选择 1 档。
- 启动机器，并缓慢增至 7 档。搅拌 10 到 15 秒，用搅拌棒将原料压入刀片。
- 将混合食材舀到备好的烤盘中，烘烤 15 到 20 分钟，直到插入的牙签拔出时毫无粘附。