- 145 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 75 g (¾ cup) rolled oats
- 200 g (1 cup) brown sugar
- 113 g (½ cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 790 g (5 ) medium apples, cored and cut into 8 pieces
- 200 g (1 cup) granulated sugar
- 20 g (3 Tablespoons) cornstarch
- 240 ml (1 cup) water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the apples, water, vanilla and cornstarch in the 64 ounce low profile container and secure the lid.
- Select Variable 6 and remove the lid plug. Insert the tamper and begin pulsing. Pulse 10-12 times, until the apples are roughly chopped.
- Place the mixture in a sauce pot over medium high heat, and cook for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thickened. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Next, in the 64 ounce low profile container add the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and butter. Secure the lid.
- Remove the lid plug and insert the tamper. Select variable 6 and pulse 8 times. Remove the lid and scrape the sides.
- Secure the lid, select variable 6 and pulse 6-8 times, until evenly combined.
- Spray a 9x9 baking pan with oil and press half of the oat mixture evenly into the pan, and up the sides.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown. Serve warm.