Vita-Mix Corporation 披露 -
Under the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
2012 年 4 月 12 日發佈
於 2012 年 1 月 1 日生效的《2010 年加州供應鏈透明度法案》(California Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010) 要求在加州經營的製造商和零售商必須披露其在直接供應鏈中消除奴役和販賣人口的努力。透過要求製造商和零售商披露他們為解決這些問題所做出的努力，此法案希望提高向消費者提供的資訊量，使消費者能夠對他們購買的產品以及他們選擇支持的公司做出更好、更明智的選擇。根據該法案，以下是 Vita-Mix Corporation 必須披露的資訊：
1. Risk Assessments. Although quality and price are important criteria in selecting vendors, Vita-Mix evaluates our vendors on many other criteria, such as business history, operations, sustainability, standards regarding working conditions, and compliance with applicable laws. Vita-Mix seeks to use only suppliers which Vita-Mix believes act in a responsible manner, including having no involvement with slavery, human trafficking, forced labor or child labor in violation of international standards.
2. Auditing. Vita-Mix’s supply chain management works closely with our suppliers. Our standard Supplier Agreement gives us the right to inspect our suppliers’ facilities which provide any materials or components related to our products. This allows us the opportunity to observe conditions and discuss with our supplies any practices that improve our products, as well as protect our supply chain integrity.
3. Certification Requirements. Vita-Mix contractually requires our direct suppliers to certify that they comply with Vita-Mix standards with respect to slavery and human trafficking. The Vita-Mix standards require our suppliers to certify that: all work performed for it is voluntary, their workers shall be free to leave upon reasonable notice, they will not use forced, bonded or indentured labor or involuntary prison labor and they are not involved in the recruitment, abduction, transport, harboring, transfer, sale, or receipt of persons through force, coercion, fraud or deception. Further, Vita-Mix requires its suppliers to verify that the above statements are true with respect to producers and providers of goods, services and materials used by our suppliers in any materials or components that they sell to Vita-Mix.
4. Internal Accountability. Vita-Mix is committed to ethical and socially responsible conduct in the workplace. All of our employees must adhere to our Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, which requires compliance with all laws (including laws related to slavery and human trafficking), and corporate policies and practices, Further, our employees are responsible for notifying management when they believe a violation of law, our Code or company policy has occurred. Violations may result in disciplinary action up to discharge.
5. Procurement Training. Vita-Mix provides information to its team members responsible for supply chain management about the principles underlining its standards relating to slavery and human trafficking, and provides information on how to identify and respond to supply chain issues, such as slavery and human trafficking.
We work diligently in the above areas so that our business relationships provide assurance of social accountability in our supply chain. We will continue to work hard to choose reputable suppliers who are committed to ethical standards and business practices compatible with those of Vita-Mix.