Making the switch to a clean eating lifestyle is quite simple. But if you’re accustomed to eating frozen dinners and boxed snacks, this transition may understandably seem a bit intimidating.
After committing to clean eating, you’ll have to carefully choose the foods you eat—especially when it comes to packaged food—to avoid clean eating no-nos, such as chemical ingredients, added sugars and GMOs. In some cases, it might seem next-to-impossible to find clean versions of some foods.
That’s why it’s important to embrace cooking. You choose the ingredients and can be confident what you’re eating is clean and will benefit your health, not harm it.
Fortunately, a Vitamix is the perfect tool for your clean eating journey. The powerful blending capabilities of a Vitamix machine allow you to make healthy and delicious substitutes for many highly-processed foods loaded with ingredients that you must stay away when following a clean eating lifestyle.
The quintessential Vitamix recipe is the smoothie. You can fill the container with fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables and quickly pulverize these healthy, nutrient-dense ingredients into a silky smoothie. No added sugars. No chemical additives that you can’t pronounce. Just high-quality ingredients full of energy, vitamins and nutrients.
However, a Vitamix can blend far more than smoothies. Granola? Check. Hot soup? No sweat. Cakes? Absolutely! Put simply, you can make clean versions of many processed foods you’d typically buy with a single appliance.
Here are three of the dozens of clean eating recipes you can make with a Vitamix and achieve a clean eating lifestyle.
Smoothies purchased from chain stores are often loaded with sugars and cheap ingredients—sometimes with more than 100 grams of sugar in a single smoothie. There are exceptions but why not make your own? There are too many delicious and simple options not to!
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- 1 杯 (170 公克) 綠葡萄
- ½ 杯 (85 公克) 鳳梨，去皮切丁
- ½ 根香蕉 (去皮)
- 2 杯 (60 公克) 菠菜
- ½ 杯 (70 公克) 冰塊
- 將所有配料按列出順序放入 Vitamix 容杯內，然後蓋緊杯蓋。
- 選取「Variable 1」(變速 1)。
- 啟動調理機，再逐漸增加速度到「Variable 10」(變速 10)，然到調到「High」(高速)。
- 攪拌約 45 秒，或至所需的濃稠度。即可倒入杯中享用。
Hot Soups (濃湯)
Canned or packaged soups are typically far from clean. With a Vitamix, it’s possible to cook a hot soup full of vegetables of your choosing. No stove required.
- 3 杯 (720 毫升) 低鈉蔬菜高湯
- 1½ cup (315 g) black beans, cooked, rinsed, drained
- 1½ cup (360 g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- ½ cup (80 g) onion, sautéed
- 3 顆大蒜瓣 (已烘烤)
- 3 湯匙萊姆汁
- 1 根墨西哥辣椒 (去籽並切塊)
- 1 茶匙粗粒孜然 (小茴香)
- ¼ 茶匙鹽
- ⅛ 茶匙黑胡椒粉
- ¼ cup (35 g) red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 依序將高湯、¾ 杯 (155 公克) 黑豆、鷹嘴豆、洋蔥、大蒜、萊姆汁、墨西哥辣椒以及調味料加入 Vitamix 容杯內並蓋緊杯蓋。
- Select the Hot Soups program, or Variable 1.
- 開啟調理機並讓調理機完成程式設定，或是將速度慢慢調高到「High」(高速) 並攪拌 6 到 7 分鐘，或直到有大量蒸氣從杯蓋排氣孔逸出。
- Reduce speed to Variable 4 and remove the lid plug. Add peppers and reserved ¾ cup (155g) beans through the lid plug opening.
- 額外攪拌 10 秒，即可享用。
Yes, you can and should satisfy your sweet tooth, even when eating clean. However, boxed desserts such as brownies may include ingredients like partially hydrogenated oils (i.e., trans fat), carrageenan, preservatives and artificial coloring. A Vitamix allows you to remove these additives and and create alternatives of your favorite sweet treats that fit in with your clean eating lifestyle.
- 將烤箱預熱至 375°F (190°C)。用不沾黏噴霧烤盤油噴灑 9 英吋 (23 公分) 的方形烤盤。
- 依表列順序將地瓜泥、蘋果醬和杏仁抹醬加入 Vitamix 容杯中並蓋緊杯蓋。
- 選取「Variable 1」(變速 1)。
- 攪拌 25 秒，並使用攪拌棒將配料向下壓至刀片處。
- 停止調理機並將椰棗和雞蛋加入容杯內，選取「Variable 1」(變速 1)。
- 啟動調理機，再逐漸增加速度到「Variable 7」(變速 7)。攪拌 15 秒，並使用攪拌棒將配料向下壓至刀片處。
- 停止調理機並將可可粉和小蘇打加入容杯內，選取「Variable 1」(變速 1)。
- 啟動調理機，再逐漸增加速度到「Variable 7」(變速 7)。攪拌 10 到 15 秒，並使用攪拌棒將配料向下壓至刀片處。
- 將混合物倒入準備好的麵包烤盤並烘烤 15 到 20 分鐘，直到插入牙籤再抽出時不會沾黏。