- 820 g (2 pounds) russet potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 240 ml (1 cup) oat milk, or whole milk
- 150 g (⅔ cup) unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt, optional, extra salt is needed for boiling the potatoes
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Add 1/4 cup (30g) of salt, optional, and place over medium heat. Simmer until fork tender, about an half hour (do not boil, or the potatoes will fall apart and get water logged).
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the butter, milk and 2 teaspoon (10g) of salt, optional in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook until the butter is completely melted, then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are fork tender, strain and place back into the large pot. Place back on stovetop over low heat and cook again for 1 to 2 minutes (this will help to release any extra moisture in the potatoes from the cooking process).
- Place the warm milk mixture then the potatoes into the Vitamix container and secure the lid. Select Variable 3 and begin to pulse. Remove the lid plug and insert the tamper, using it to push ingredients down into the blades. Pulse 18-20 times, or until the mixture is smooth (be careful not to over mix, or the potatoes will get gummy and starchy.
- 請確定您使用褐皮馬鈴薯 (russet/idaho potato) 來製作這份食譜。這些馬鈴薯比較乾軟，較容易攪拌，而且不會像其他蠟質型馬鈴薯一樣那麼黏稠。
- Examples of waxy potatoes are Yukon gold and red potatoes. To pulse on a 5200 machine, select Variable 3, use the on/off switch to quickly start the machine and shut it off.
|每份份量||102 g (1 serving)|